Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch of 3DTV

• 22-03-2010 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Just got emailed an open invite for the launch on Panasonic's 3Dtv which is happening in D.I.D Electrical Blanchardstown from 7pm on Wednesday 24th of March. Its free in and there will be drinks/canapes plus other demonstrations and competitions/ offers on the night - might be worth a visit to see 3Dtv - just hope its not disappointing!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Demo in Harvey Norman was impresive.
    However guy there working wasn’t able to answer any of my questions so as our politicians would say - “missed opportunity “ !!!
    I wanted to know how does it work, i.e. can it “upscale” standard tv picture to 3D?
    Or can you only see 3D if its broadcast in 3D? Or do you have to buy 3D blue ray ? or is 3D what they were showing the only standard? I sure would not want to buy into one standard and to find out I just purchased “HD DVD” of the 3D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

the sony shop in dundrum s.s had one on display on saturday.tried it out.great sensation.cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Just bought the Panasonic 3D TV today been delivered Wednesday cant wait. Got Sky 3D all ready to go.

Nice! Good luck!

Nice! Good luck!

Thanks have to say I am astonished how good it is. The picture in SD/HD/3D is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Thanks have to say I am astonished how good it is. The picture in SD/HD/3D is amazing.

Very interested myself, what are the colours like?.

Colours are super what picture quality and more importantly the blacks are super

How big should TV be to be able to see 3D? Is 32 inch good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

How big should TV be to be able to see 3D? Is 32 inch good?

Depends how far away you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Et Cetera

watty wrote: »

Obviously it's not actual 3D, the delivering device is 2D so how could it literally be 3D.

A general rule with 3D TV is bigger the better. Mine is a 50inch if I had the room I would have got a 65inch.

Advertisement