Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Friendly Match*** Tuesday 30th March 7.30 St Colmcilles vs TFI

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Pre-season Summer 2010 Continues with a friendly against The Full Irish on Tuesday 30th March in St Colmcille's School in Knocklyon.

We have some returning squad members, and also some lads who will be hoping to make an impression and get into the squad.

Returning Squad Members

Clayton - Out
    Cathal - out
    Dan - In
    Graham - out
    Michael - In
    Keith - In
    Andy - In
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Gav - out
    Martin - In
    Kenny - in
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - out
    Dave - out
    Ed - out

Potential New Squad Members
    Cillian -out
    Neil - In
    Paul - In
    Iain - In
    Glenn - In
    Dave - In
    Gillan - out
    Derek - In
    Jeff - In
    Keith - In
    Dano - In

Eoin - In
    Derek
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Returning Squad Members

Clayton
    Cathal
    Dan
    Graham
    Michael
    Keith - In

Andy
    Collie
    Conor
    Gav
    Martin
    Kenny
    Jules
    Ciaran

Cillian
    Neil
    Glenn
    Gillan
    Derek
    Derek
    Paddy
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Returning Squad Members

Clayton
    Cathal
    Dan
    Graham
    Michael
    Keith - In
    Andy
    Collie
    Conor
    Gav
    Martin
    Kenny
    Jules
    Ciaran

Cillian - In
    Neil
    Glenn
    Gillan
    Derek
    Derek
    Paddy
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Returning Squad Members

Clayton
    Cathal
    Dan
    Graham
    Michael
    Keith - In
    Andy
    Collie
    Conor
    Gav
    Martin
    Kenny
    Jules - In
    Ciaran

Cillian - In
    Neil
    Glenn
    Gillan
    Derek
    Derek
    Paddy
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh, I'm in.

Returning Squad Members

Clayton
    Cathal
    Dan
    Graham
    Michael
    Keith - In
    Andy
    Collie
    Conor
    Gav
    Martin
    Kenny
    Jules - In
    Ciaran

Cillian - In
    Neil - In
    Glenn
    Gillan
    Derek
    Derek
    Paddy
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Clayton
    Cathal
    Dan
    Graham
    Michael
    Keith - In
    Andy
    Collie
    Conor - In
    Gav
    Martin - In
    Kenny
    Jules - In
    Ciaran

Cillian - In
    Neil - In
    Glenn
    Gillan
    Derek
    Derek
    Paddy
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie
    Dave In
    Iain - In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

F*ck it lads, i am in for next season, i spoke to a few lads and they are well up for it, so i am also. it is very hard to walk away when ive been involved for 6 seasons. my stance is the same though, i will miss a good few matches but i will do my best to make as many as possible.but one or 2 things have changed also so i hope to make more than i could miss.

it all depends on fixtures, there will be clashes some evenings with training/gaa but hopefully i can do both if for example match was at 7.00 in dundrum and we had a game in Wesley at 9 or later.

last week was very encouraging, with a few new players in (and there looks to be plenty of interest), lets hope we get in 3 or 4 quality players to make that little bit of a difference. i already know one, will try get him down next week.

i should be there next Tuesday, have gaa training tonight and a match Sunday, so will give it a miss on Tuesday and play astro.

Can you persuade Mick and Art not to quit too now Ed? We believe in you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm in (Glenn)

Anyone driving from the Blessington or Tallaght area that'd be kind enough to get me over there drop me a PM :)

• Advertisement

There'll be no one out Blessington way but I think Clay, our keeper, lives in Tallaght. He'll be along shortly no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'm 90% for Tuesday,unfortunately wont know til the weekend.Des was saying theres no-one from Bray/wicklow way driving but what would the closest bus stops and train station to the pitch?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm heading from tallaght aswell and can give you a lift pm me where's handy to pick you up

Gillington wrote: »
    I'm 90% for Tuesday,unfortunately wont know til the weekend.Des was saying theres no-one from Bray/wicklow way driving but what would the closest bus stops and train station to the pitch?

It's nowhere near the train. 15 bus goes right out there from town. Would take about 45 mins to an hour at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'll be showing off my Messi Messy skills there. :pac:

I'm in [Paul]

You could get the dart to dun laoghaire and then the 75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I played my 1st proper match tonight in 6 weeks and came through it ok so im in for tuesday.

If you get the dart to monkstown i can give u lift from there. You'd have to be there for 7 tho at the latest.

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I'm heading from tallaght aswell and can give you a lift pm me where's handy to pick you up

hey any chance that i could get in on that lift? coming from palmerstown and could get off at the square in tallaght if thats any use?

I'd be able to give you a lift the very odd time Derek if you end up joining, my Dad drops me out to the odd match and we go right through there. But wouldn't be a regular thing.

Yeah I can sort you out Derek with a lift this week,
    Square @ 18:50. will Pm you with specifics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Yeah I will Be there On Tuesday
    Looking Forward to The Game and Hopefully Ed Can Get The two Lads Back For Next Season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Hi all, I'm new :D

Just a quick questions, is kick off at 7:30 or are we just meeting up then?

Dave

Meet @ 7:30 but get there early for a proper warm up and intro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Meet @ 7:30 but get there early for a proper warm up and intro.

Match kicks-off at 7.30 so aim to be there and togged out no later than 7.15pm if at all possible. For league matches we'll be asking everyone to be there 30 minutes beforehand.

Ed, glad to hear you'll be with us next season and would be great to see Mick and Art back too.

Very encouraging to see the high levels of interest from new players, look forward to meeting you all on Tuesday and hope that you fit in well with the squad. Remember, we all had a first game for the team so we've all been there: you'll find it's a pretty friendly bunch of lads and you'll feel at home pretty quick.

Competition for places (firstly in the squad and then in the team when the league starts) will be very high this season so hunger and willingness to fight for your place are some of the most important attributes in new players. If you're looking for a cushy team where paying your cash entitles you to your game our team is not for you - I've mates with teams like that I can direct you if that's what you're after.

We are a team that has finished second, second, third (1point off 2nd) in the last 3 seasons and are looking to acquire new talent to help us make the move to the next level to win this league and then look to the next level up.

So, while it's competitive, don't get overly-anxious about trying to impress: Des (our Manager) is very reasonable and doesn't expect lads to click in a new team straight away - what he's looking for are signs of potential that you are both a good player and will fit in well with this squad. The last piece of advice I'd offer is that we're very much about the team over the individual: if you have a choice of shooting from 30 yards or setting up a free man for an opener in the box, opting for that pass is what generally we're about (that doesn't mean there's not times where the right option is the shot).

I asked Des about this Jules as the facebook event time is different, we meet at 7:30.

Good post Jules, I'd echo everything said above. Most of the lads have been in and out of the team at one point, being a returning member of the squad does not entitle you to a place. Each position is up for grabs and the starting 11 is picked on merit not on how long we know Des :p.

Take your chances when you get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the facebook event time is different

No it's not :confused:

Ok, so what time is the game? If we're meeting at half 7, is the game 8?
    FB says 8:30-10, which I'm assuming means we meet at half 8 and play 9-10??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ok, so what time is the game? If we're meeting at half 7, is the game 8?
    FB says 8:30-10, which I'm assuming means we meet at half 8 and play 9-10??

Yeah this is how I read it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

FB says 19.30-21.00 no?

I'm looking at it right now

fbgme.jpg?t=1269619336

are you all seeing something different?

weird if so

• Advertisement

Its changed for me now Des, on my laptop it now says half 7. But on my iphone it still says half 8.

Advertisement