Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Friendly Match*** Tuesday 30th March 7.30 St Colmcilles vs TFI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Yeah I can sort you out Derek with a lift this week,
    Square @ 18:50. will Pm you with specifics

cheers man dat wud be great
    also leixlip red that wud also be great if i decide to join

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I played my 1st proper match tonight in 6 weeks and came through it ok so im in for tuesday.

If you get the dart to monkstown i can give u lift from there. You'd have to be there for 7 tho at the latest.

Andy

Cheers dude,as I say I wont know for definite til probably Sunday so ill let you know then but a lift would be awesome,7 o clock is grand I can make it earlier if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Des said something about light blue socks and shorts. I assume they're a rarity in Lifestyle, Champion etc. Any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Don't worry too much about the colour of them. :)

Because once I heard about this Boardeaux player's socks and he thought they were sky blue when infact they were very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very white :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Oh lads, it's a fiver a head.

Des wrote: »
    Oh lads, it's a fiver a head.
    No worries

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

a new player coming tomorrow, Eoin. He is Ciarans cousin. center midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Just so all the new players know: this goes ahead rain, hail, or shine....only time a match would be called off is if the pitch is frozen over. Bringing a top and loose bottoms to get/keep warm on the sideline and in the warm-up before the match is a good habit to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have you ever had this many people around for one game before lads?

There's 21 confirmed atm and I'm sure one or two of the others will be in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I wont be able to make tomorrow night after all,clashed heads yesterday(with my own bloody player!) still not feelin 100%,bump is still as big as yesterday,so better be safe then sorry.

I'll be up for the next friendly,good luck all!

I'm out for tonight too.

Hurt my groin on Sunday and tried to give myself long enough to recover but it's showing no signs of improvement.

I'll still be up to watch though as I'm giving my mate a lift up.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Sorry Des i am out Tonight done my knee in playing astro last night but will be down to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i am pulling out of this, have played 3 games in 4 days and my knee is giving me a bit of trouble. should ease the headache of having 20 odd players with 3 or 4 of us out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Could someone with access to a phone call Colmcilles and see if the pitch is playable? Reportedly a lot of snow out that direction. 01-4952888 is the number.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Could someone with access to a phone call Colmcilles and see if the pitch is playable? Reportedly a lot of snow out that direction. 01-4952888 is the number.
    I'll do it now pal

Edit: Office is currently unattended. I'll try again after lunch

Cheers. Just in case Des isn't on here before this evening. I doubt it'll be off but you never know, happened a couple of times the last few months.

Lads I'm gonna do a drive by of the pitch on my way home from work at about 2.15, I'll have how it looks up here by about half two hopefully.

I live close enough to it and when I was leaving for work at 7 this morning the snow was fairly deep, about 2 inches.

EDIT: The school is on Easter break this week, so there might be no-one in the office to take the calls.

It's pelting down in Maynooth so I can imagine what it's like out that way. Hopefully we'll still get the game going as we'll see who's really committed in weather like this :cool:

Hopefully it goes ahead, need something to take my mind off failing my driving test this morning. Nothing like a bit of footy :)

• Advertisement

Astro say it's on and they don't expect it to be called off.

Pitch is grand, the píssing rain has cleared off all the snow.

Had a poke through the bars too and it's not hard or frozen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Volt, do you want a lift??

Volt, do you want a lift??
    Please. I'll get the 6.10 bus from Blessington so should be in Citywest by half at the latest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Voltwad wrote: »
    Please. I'll get the 6.10 bus from Blessington so should be in Citywest by half at the latest.

No need to be so early as the we arent meeting until half 7, I'm picking MrDerek up at 7:20, can you get to citywest for quarter past?

No need to be so early as the we arent meeting until half 7, I'm picking MrDerek up at 7:20, can you get to citywest for quarter past?
    The bus times aren't ideal for that but I'll manage mate. Thanks again, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Still alittle mixed up over the times; is it meet at 7.30pm then the match is 8pm - 9pm?

And are there changing rooms [are they safe if so] ?

cson wrote: »
    Still alittle mixed up over the times; is it meet at 7.30pm then the match is 8pm - 9pm?

And are there changing rooms [are they safe if so] ?

No meet between 7 and 7.15 I think for a 7.30 start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Frisbee wrote: »
    No meet between 7 and 7.15 I think for a 7.30 start.

Can we get a definitive answer on this?

• Advertisement

No, Kick off is 8, normally we try to meet half an hour before the game to get a warm up in. This is especially important on days like today.
    Also as there will be so many new faces, it'll be good to know names rather than "Hey you mister pass me the ball"

Be there for 7:30!

Advertisement