Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat poo

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi All
    we have just moved into a new place and the nieghbour has a number of cats who seem to have decided that our front garden is there toilet :eek:
    this wouldnt be so bad except we have a little fox terrier who has developed a taste for cat poo!!
    from what i can see she is eating so much i swear she is putting on weight
    has anyone any ideas for safely discouraging the cats from this area
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I can't really think of anything, just saying that my dog does that too! It's very annoying, but I don't know if it's harmful or anything. Just make sure your dog is wormed every three months anyway.

That's strange that the cats don't bury it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dromarka

yeah dosent seem to be any ill effects its just that she can be affectionate when the mood takes her and you cant help thinking about her diet when she is trying to lick you :o

as for the cats burying their business i think there is eleven cats living there so they would probably need a jcb

i dont want to harm anything but looking on a website they are suggesting sprinkling cayenne pepper on the poo to discourage my dog eating it and also on the ground around to stop the cats using the area

any thoughts would be great as i dont want to end up with just well seasoned cat poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

You can buy cat repellent stuff, maybe if you ask in a pet shop they can help? I had a spray thing to keep my cat off the kitchen counters, and it did work, for like a day, before I'd have to spray it again. But you can get stuff to keep them out of the garden aswell. Or maybe spraying some vinegar around might help a bit, apparently they hate vinegar and it keeps them off houseplants, so maybe outside too, until it rains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dromarka

thanks will give the vinegar a try and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

this is probably an old fashioned method but when i was a child my neighbour would have a 2 litre bottle of water place on there green, i asked why and they said it keeps the cats out of the garden... maybe try this? does it work? i dont no but worth a shot

• Advertisement
Advertisement