Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card exchange rate from BOI

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

hi

does anyone know if this information is available to be obtained online?

reason is , i need to verify the amount i was charged from a website for verification purposes in usd, but that will take 2 days to show up on my credit card
    while i can get the value in euro straight away and do the conversion myself

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It can't be obtained online, they'll use their daily rate on the day the transaction hits your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hi
    so is this daily rate confidential or is there any way i could get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you ring them up you might get it, but I don't know. It may not be something that the customer service reps have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You can estimate it from www.xe.com which as daily rates, BOI charge 1.75% commission as far as I know.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

XE will give you a 'rough' idea of what the conversion rate will be, but that's only the 'mid rate' the buy rate or sell rate of the day will be different and you'll end up paying more than the conversion rate XE will offer. It is a handy tool though, just don't rely on it completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You can also get a rough idea if you have online banking with boi. Log on and on the left side click currency calculator. Its the money transfer rate but close enough to the actual rate. More accurate than xe.com.

Advertisement