Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dine in Dublin

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I see Dine in Dublin is on this week, I asked for a participating restaurants dine in dublin menu and they sent me over the early bird menu as thier dine in dublin menu.

Is this me or is it not with the spirt of dine in dublin ? or do I have the wrong end of the stick that its restaurants extending thier early menu for the whole evening ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sounds a bit odd alright. I'd contact them to see what that was about

http://www.dineindublin.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=30

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we done this last year - we went to balzac. it has horrible - the food and service was horrendous not sure if it was because of dine in dublin week or because it was it was the general standard of the restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

the dineindublin website has list of restaurants and there menus,alot of the ones i looked at were value menus or early bird menus that were already the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I spent a fair while looking for a restaurant that was doing something more than thier early bird menu, but after about 10 restaurants I gave up, it seems like a cop out running the early bird menu later on into the evening.

To me dine in Dublin is an event, something a little different, not just extending the time of thier early bird. I was left a little disappointed.

10/10 for the idea of creating a dining event.
    3/10 for the effort the restaurants make.

and 1/10 for the restaurants whose early bird menu is cheaper than the dine in dublin menu -Tante zoes is an example, they are running thier early menu which is a 4 course for €23, the dine in dublin looks to be a 3 course (tea/coffee not mentioned) for €25.

I thought the restaurant business was seriously under pressure from the recession, you would have thought this could be a great way to get people hyped about dublin dining instead of feeling let down.

If anyone finds a good menu that isnt an early dinner menu extended, I would like to see it, as I was looking to head out this week to Dine In Dublin ?

Advertisement