Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much to charge

• 22-03-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

i did a spot of painting for neighbour and am wondering how much to charge.
    i painted 2 bedrooms with 2 coats and 1 bedroom with 1 coat. i also painted the ensuite and the bathroom. also paint all the roofs. just wondering what would be a resonable price to charge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i reckon you should have agreed that before you started

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

250 - 300 euro????

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

You probably should have agreed a price beforehand, however, consider what you need for a days pay, then work out your price considering how long it took you, factoring in if you've bought any materials, travelling expenses etc.

The problem being, if you know these people very well, they may think you're doing it as a favour, which is why an agreed price beforehand is a good idea. No rows then.

how many days were you doing it? are you a painter by trade?

you could get them to throw you a figure ........ but be prepared to have you work undervalued this way

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gav240

I'm not a painter I'm unemployed so I'm happy with anything i get. i was thinking about €250. it took me 4 days.
    thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement

250 is reasonable i think.

there are other factors though. your neighbours elderly? as in do they have that type of money.

Advertisement