Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing central heating timer

• 22-03-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an old Mechanical Timer for my Central heating. The timer is a FLASH Programmer and gave up the ghost the other day. I bought a new Drayton LP711 Central Heating Programmers to replace it. When I opened up the current Flash Programmer I saw that it uses an old black plate that will need to be replaced.

I have looked at the instructions for the new timer and do not know how to replace the old back plate with the new one. The old one has 4 contacts:
    L, N and Contact1 & Contact2

whereas the new one has 8 contacts:
    L, N and Contact 1 through to Contact 6.

Has anyone got any advise on how to replace old with new?

Thanks for your help/advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Sounds like the old timer was only intended to switch one circuit (contact 1 live and contact 2 neutral to the boiler) whereas the new one can switch three. If all it does is provide power to your boiler on a timed basis, and if the boiler worked OK on the old one, then I would guess that all you need to do is connect the outgoing connections to T1 & T2 and ignore the others, but I am not familiar with the timer you mention.

Advertisement