Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of teams for the Giro

• 22-03-2010 4:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No Radioshack, Vacansoleil or Skil-Shimano :eek:
    No Ricco either though ;)
    Looks like the organisers are heading back to the old days of largely Italian/Spanish/French teams.
    How Footon-Servetto got in ahead of those above is anyones guess :confused:

Giro d'Italia 2010: Team list
    Ag2r La Mondiale
    Acqua & Sapone
    Androni-Diquigiovanni
    Astana
    Bbox Bouygues Telecom
    BMC Racing
    Caisse d'Epargne
    Cervelo TestTeam
    Cofidis
    Colnago-CSF Inox
    Footon-Servetto
    Garmin-Transitions
    HTC-Columbia
    Katusha
    Lampre-Farnese Vini
    Liquigas-Doimo
    Milram
    Omega Pharma-Lotto
    Quick Step
    Rabobank
    Saxo Bank
    Team Sky
    Reserves
    CarmioOro-NGC
    Ceramica Flaminia-Bossini Docce
    De Rosa-Stac Plastic
    ISD-Neri
    Skil-Shimano
    Vacansoleil

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Taken from Armstrong's twitter page
    Interesting 2 read that @teamradioshack not selected 4 the Giro. Unrelated - guess they got our letter Jan 23 saying we wouldn't be coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Doesn't it clash with the Tour of California this year? Maybe Radioshack have a financial interest to promote/attend the TOC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Radioshack said last week that they were entering the Tour of California and would not be taking part in the Giro. Don't see what all the fuss has been about over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

http://www.johanbruyneel.com/blog.html
    Last night, as I do every night, I was checking the cycling news. Like many of you, I have my daily websites. It's always interesting to see how different countries cover the sport. I came across an interesting title last night on CyclingNews.com - "RadioShack not invited to 2010 Giro d'Italia." Here's a very popular cycling website, which I'm sure many of you have visited in the past. Overall I think they do a nice job of compiling the news, but then again, if the news isn't accurate it probably defeats the point. To accurately clarify the situation - Yes, we won't be participating in the Giro, but the truth is that we communicated this to the Giro organizers, RCS. I like the Giro, I think it's a great race, but to be quite honest, we are putting all our focus on the Amgen Tour of California and don't have objectives for the Giro. Now you may be saying, "Wouldn't you rather win a Grand Tour compared to a week long stage race in the USA?" Fair question, but California holds a lot more value to us than the Giro. With our main sponsor RadioShack, as well as our other partners (Nissan, Trek, SRAM, Nike, Giro, etc) having a strong US connection, California automatically becomes more important to our partners and therefore the team. Not to mention we are registered as an American team, so it's important to our ownership group as well. Of course, you also have to factor in that we have the three-time Amgen Tour of California champion and I think it's fair to say that every cyclist and team want to be in the best possible position to defend that title. I've always believed that to enter a race there needs to be objectives - for both the overall team and individuals. Now we may not always achieve those objectives, but we're not just going to enter races to enter races. I communicated this a number of months ago to RCS. Simply that this year's Giro did not fit within the team's objectives and plans. If anything, I think this showed respect to RCS and the Giro in that they could put in a team that had specific race objectives. But RCS did not like this news and instead decided that Team RadioShack would not be invited to Tirreno-Adriatico. Hopefully we will not be "punished" for future RCS races. They have a great organization and we enjoy participating in many of the races they put on. So that's a little clarification on the situation and I hope that Cyclingnews and other publications do a better job in reporting the news. Like I said earlier, this isn't necessarily an attack on the media, but more of reminder that accuracy is key and everyone is held accountable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Thanks for that RAAM

I'd read cycling news.com earlier and they quoted Bruyneel as
    "In recent weeks, RadioShack team manager Johan Bruyneel had publicly hoped the RadioShack team would be invited to the Giro. However with Armstrong and Levi Leipheimer targeting the Tour of California at the same time as the Giro, the US-registered team failed to convince the Giro organisers they deserved a place and did not push particularly hard to have a team in the race."

• Advertisement
Advertisement