Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will tattoo palm of my hand?

• 22-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have rang all over the country and noone seems keen on this - I am aware why, but I really want this done.

I want tiny footprints on my palm - in memory of my baby daughter. Is there anywhere I can get it done???
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Nobody who's worth their salt will tattoo yer hands/neck/head once you are not heavily inked, let alone for yer first tattoo.

It's a professional thing mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Nobody who's worth their salt will tattoo yer hands/neck/head once you are not heavily inked, let alone for yer first tattoo.

It's a professional thing mate.

That sounds kinda like an a$$holery thing to do to be honest! I know you're only the messenger so I'm not having a go at you. Would this be the norm regarding tattoos in those areas, especially for a first? Is it like an unwritten rule or something?

OP, as far as I know you'd need to get the tattoo redone at least yearly. I think it's because the skin (especially on the hand) is always in use. Opening/closing your hand, writing/driving/picking up stuff. Is there any other place you'd like. Say across the chest/heart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

It's not assholery, it's not an unwritten rule, It's just professional. I'm actually amazed that people don't realise that just like every other job , tattoo artists have the right to refuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It's an unwritten rule due to how many fools (not a judgement against those who want tattoos on those areas before anyone tries put words in my mouth, just that others have resulted in this situation) will ask for tattoos in highly visible locations without actually having thought it through fully and considering the impact it will have on peoples' treatment of you and future employment opertunities. It's like how there's an unwritten rule regarding tattooing kids/adolescents, again the bad eggs have left tattoo artists feeling they can't trust the rest to have fully thought it through.

As chin_grin has correctly pointed out there is also the issue that certain locations on the body suffer more wear and tear of the skin than others and, as a result, these areas are not good locations for tattoos since this will cause any inkwork to degrade over time. AFAIK the palms, elbows, soles of the feet, back of the heels and top of the foot (heels and the top are two areas where footwear tends to rub) are problem areas. Obviously if your job required a lot of kneeling your knees would also be a bad choice of location.

Advertisement