Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Insurance

Options
  • 22-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know would it be possible to take out insurance for few hours as I have to get my old car to the NCT test centre?

Or would I just have to transfer my insurance from my new car to the old one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Some insurers will oblige others will allow you transfer cover and have existing cover replaced with 3rd party fire and theft from comp so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

broker2008 wrote: »
    Some insurers will oblige others will allow you transfer cover and have existing cover replaced with 3rd party fire and theft from comp so be careful.

yeah best thing to do is transfer over, because as far as i am aware 3rd party extension cover only applies to cars not regisstered in your name, so if the car you are bringing to get the NCT is registered in your name then the 3rd party extension will be void, as i say this may not apply with all insurance companies so chaeck you Terms and conditions:o

Thanks, they just transferred my policy to the car and then back again - no charge

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

What cover had your car for the duration of the transfer 3rd party f&t or just fire and theft?

• Advertisement

I assume fully comp as thats what I am on

Advertisement