Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Weller Irish Dates

Options
  • 22-03-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Paul Weller is playing at the Seasessions festival in Donegal 25th or 26th June (Not sure what night), Live at the Marquee 27th June and 5 nights at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin 16th-20th November.

I would love to catch one of those Olympia dates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Same as that!!! I haven't seen Weller before always ended up missing him stupidly, been busy, I was gutted when he announced the Cork date and I realized that on that date I wouldn't be here either :(

Not gonna miss these Dublin gigs!!!! :)

Anyone here seen him before??? whats he like??? does he play many Jam tunes???

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I got my tickets for the first olympia night today!!! I am delighted. The new album is fasntastic! Did anybody else get tickets?

His Albert Hall gig is being streamed tonight for €9.99 or the first 15 minutes for free. http://www.paulweller.com/news.php?item=336

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

CiaranK wrote: »
    I got my tickets for the first olympia night today!!! I am delighted. The new album is fasntastic! Did anybody else get tickets?

His Albert Hall gig is being streamed tonight for €9.99 or the first 15 minutes for free. http://www.paulweller.com/news.php?item=336

Not yet Ciaran - have been busy buying tickets for everything else :-)
    will try and get some, have seen him a couple of times in the Olympia before and thought he was excellent both times (and that special mini show in HMV Grafton St. a few years ago :p) , definitely worth seeing.....

Goose - not sure what the set list will be like this time around, promoting the new album, bu would assume there'll be 1 or 2, Malice is certainly expected whenever he plays......going to watch the first 15 mins tonight - should be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jmccann

Any one happen to know support act/if any for this gig?

jmccann wrote: »
    Any one happen to know support act/if any for this gig?

I have no idea, I was wondering the same thing myself.

• Advertisement

I have no idea, I was wondering the same thing myself.

funny thing Ciaran - I don't think I've bothered with any of the supports he's had over here, none of them held my attention, pretty sure they've just been thrown on by MCD......

have to try and get my tickets on payday......

NIBBS wrote: »
    funny thing Ciaran - I don't think I've bothered with any of the supports he's had over here, none of them held my attention, pretty sure they've just been thrown on by MCD......

have to try and get my tickets on payday......

Really, I would have thought they would have been good support acts seeing as it's Paul Weller. Hopefully it will be somebody good, if not I'll just get there before he is on.

Wow, That was some gig! Played for nearly 2 hours. Great mix of songs too. Setlist (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-weller/2010/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-53d5477d.html). The only issue I had was with the sound. It was really loud. Normally I love this, but at times last night it was uncomfortable loud. He was gonna come back for another encore but they turned the house lights on. They were tuning up they kept the house lights on and they stopped tuning and everybody just left.

Anybody going tonight should go to the Mercantile after the show. A great photo exhibition in there running till Sunday. Last night there was a DJ doing Weller stuff to. It's only across the road from the Olympia, worth checking out.

glad you enjoyed it Ciaran, looks like I won't get to see him this time around ( crazy with him doing so many dates too :( )......just have too much on, off to Manchester on Friday, then have Misery Index on Tuesday and WASP Sat week....then I'm nearly after forgetting I've Napalm Death on Dec 1st.......I'm gonna be a tired old man.......

was there any support of note in the end ???

NIBBS wrote: »
    glad you enjoyed it Ciaran, looks like I won't get to see him this time around ( crazy with him doing so many dates too :( )......just have too much on, off to Manchester on Friday, then have Misery Index on Tuesday and WASP Sat week....then I'm nearly after forgetting I've Napalm Death on Dec 1st.......I'm gonna be a tired old man.......

was there any support of note in the end ???

Hi Nibbs, Thanks. I didn't catch the support. They were The Bees. They had just finished when I got in. I know the feeling about having so much on. Then there could be nothing for months. Nice gigs comming up for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

that n gallaghers band isint it? they supported oasis in 05

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Anybody going tonight should go to the Mercantile after the show. A great photo exhibition in there running till Sunday. Last night there was a DJ doing Weller stuff to. It's only across the road from the Olympia, worth checking out.

I've been dieing to see Paul Weller live, but the tickets for the Olympia were too expensive for me top get, argh! Next time, next time.

About the photo exhibition in The Mercantile, is it free to go into and just look around during the day? Or is it in the bar so you get a pint and then look at the exhibition? I'd really love to see it! Glad to see it was a good gig last night too!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

just got this mail from MCD at 6.15 pm

A little something from MCD to warm the soul on this lovely Wednesday evening.

First 20 people to reply to noel [at] mcd [dot] ie with Weller in the subject matter get a free pair of tickets to Paul Weller in the Olympia Theatre tonight!!!

I've won a few tickets like this before....might be of some use to someone

B

I've been dieing to see Paul Weller live, but the tickets for the Olympia were too expensive for me top get, argh! Next time, next time.

About the photo exhibition in The Mercantile, is it free to go into and just look around during the day? Or is it in the bar so you get a pint and then look at the exhibition? I'd really love to see it! Glad to see it was a good gig last night too!

It was free in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

First 20 people to reply to noel [at] mcd [dot] ie with Weller in the subject matter get a free pair of tickets to Paul Weller in the Olympia Theatre tonight!!!

B

Just won 2. you ****ing hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Just won 2. you ****ing hero.

No worries enjoy it !

Cracking gig again tonight. Thanks so much for posting about that competition! Caught the support tonight. They were really good. They had a cool sound. Best Tuesday/Wednesday nights in a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Sexual!

shame about that c&nt shouting SH1T during the Marvin Gaye cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

quirky set. anyone got a setlist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Mainly stuff from the new album and 22 Dreams, plus Start!, Changing
    Man, Woodcutters Son, Come on Lets Go, Pretty Green, Shout to the Top, plus others. They must have played 25 songs!!!

• Advertisement

B

You're a complete legend, thank you so much for posting this!!! The gig was great, my ears are still ringing! Does anyone happen to have a complete set list? I can only remember bits and pieces. In no particular order: Aim High, Moonshine, No Tears to Cry, Trees, Fast Car/Slow Traffic, Pieces of Dream, Wake Up the Nation, Andromeda, Start!, Shout to the Top, 22 Dreams, Pretty Green and now my mind seems to have drawn a blank. I was kinda hoping for Eton Rifles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dublintim

Am heading along on friday night, has anyone got a spare ticket for saturday night?? Looking forward to it!

Just to check, the Marvin Gaye cover was 'How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)', wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Just to check, the Marvin Gaye cover was 'How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)', wasn't it?

It sure was,

I was there Wednesday night, Great Gig, The best opening I've seen in a long time, They burst on and exploaded into Moonshine, which went straight into From the Floorboards Up, The energy was terrific, Weller looked and sounded like a performer half his age! Great mix of Jam tunes and Style Council favourite, Shout to the Top which probably got the best reaction of the night, The crowd were sometimes lazy and muted in their appreciation, only a few joining in the clapping and sing alongs, There was a bit of a lull mid set when it seemed Weller wasn't gonna get back on the guitar, he sat on the piano for a good few slow tunes, then left for a smoke and came back to Wake Up the Nation and the pace and energy all came rushing back! Great gig, for anyone going tonight and tomorrow, Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dublintim

It sure was,

I was there Wednesday night, Great Gig, The best opening I've seen in a long time, They burst on and exploaded into Moonshine, which went straight into From the Floorboards Up, The energy was terrific, Weller looked and sounded like a performer half his age! Great mix of Jam tunes and Style Council favourite, Shout to the Top which probably got the best reaction of the night, The crowd were sometimes lazy and muted in their appreciation, only a few joining in the clapping and sing alongs, There was a bit of a lull mid set when it seemed Weller wasn't gonna get back on the guitar, he sat on the piano for a good few slow tunes, then left for a smoke and came back to Wake Up the Nation and the pace and energy all came rushing back! Great gig, for anyone going tonight and tomorrow, Enjoy!

Great to hear, Im going tonight and tomorrow night!! Really looking forward to it now!

Advertisement