Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrúdú Ceol Tíre (SCT) Exams query

Options
  • 22-03-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I play the banjo (hance my name on this forum!).

My kids play music and every year I bring them to do their exams and last year I decided, why not, Im sitting there anyway, I may as well sit an exam myself!
    So last year I did the JUNIOR CYCLE LEVEL III exam (Scrúdú Ceol Tíre SCT Exams of traditional Irish music with Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann) and that was fine, this year I will be doing the level
    IV exam.
    Heres my query, for the exam I have to play an air. Now, I dont know about you, but I dont think the banjo is the best instrument to play a slow air!
    Would the examiners accept an air as in something by Carolan eg "Carolan's Draught" or "Eleanor Plunkett for example? Or how about a waltz?
    Any ideas?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

i think inisheer would work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irishmusic

Hi,
    As far as I am aware an O'Carolan tune will not do as it has a metre, they want a slow air, I suggest learning one that you have a recording of as the phrasing is important, as stated above innisheer would be suitable for that level.

Advertisement