Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday night dres hire

• 22-03-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi all!!

Im just wondering if there was a shop online or otherwise available to you to rent a dress or nice outfit for an occasion or even for just a saturday night... like a designer dress or even a high street dress and you just dont have that 60/70 quid to buy something new....would you use it?? or are there some out there... thinking of starting up this idea.. just doing a bit of market research first.,....:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

I wouldnt be a fan of a second hand goin out dress...you can get an outfit pretty cheaply in the sales....may appeal to students tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lucky me

ya..... how about dresses for an occasion like a wedding christening etc... think that might take off?? those dress can be expensive to buy and you usually only wear them once anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I was only thinking of this the other day. Ive 4 weddings to go to this year :eek: and the thoughts of paying for outfits/presents/accommodation and the day itself is scary. I would LOOOVE a shop that i could rent a designer dress for €30-€40 or whatever as long as they were in decent condition.

ya i got the idea when i was going to an event recently and soo wanted a giovani (think thats how its spelt) dress but they go for about 300- 500 dollars!! and i would prob only wear it the once!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Personally id definitely use a service like that. I suppose you'd have to have get a substantial deposit or valid credit card in case they didnt come back :p and buying stock in would cost you a fortune starting off if as you said designer dresses start at €300+

• Advertisement

ya thats my only hurdles... capital to start... and the deposit part... but i suppose most people have credit/laser cards these days??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 emeraldgreen

anniehoo wrote: »
    I was only thinking of this the other day. Ive 4 weddings to go to this year :eek: and the thoughts of paying for outfits/presents/accommodation and the day itself is scary. I would LOOOVE a shop that i could rent a designer dress for €30-€40 or whatever as long as they were in decent condition.

there is a shop doing this, i dont remember the name of it, in the powerscourt centre up off grafton street. they have some really stunning dresses and gowns for hire for one day, weekends, a week etc. its worth checking out if you want something really stunning. i wouldnt say tho that it would be 'cheap', i priced one and it was €80 for a weekend, which i thought was good because it was SO nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Theres plenty of shops that do very formal second hand "designer" wear but tbh, thought they looked rubbish, stuff seemed very dated and typical second hand stuff just maybe a bit more put together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

That's a good idea. I think, I could be wrong, that they used to do it years and years ago. I remember reading it somewhere. The only thing as people pointed out would be you would need to request a substantial deposit, but if the actual renting of the dresses were cheap enough I can't see why it wouldn't take off?

Would you include the cost of cleaning into the price or would client have to have it dry cleaned themselves?

you would include the cost of cleaning in the price... there is one online site in the uk doing it but the cost of postage to and from the uk recorded delivery is expensive which gave me the idea to start it here.. it wouldnt even have to be all ball gowns it could be a nice french connection dress to hire for a nice occasion...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

About 10 years ago I rented a fab dress from a place in Thurles..
    The lady measured me & made the dress for me so it was perfect!!
    I just wish I could have kept it but she had it promised to someone for their bridesmaid dress,. But at least I had it for my debs!!
    If only she was still there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bukkake

Try Covet in Powerscourt, have not visited myself yet but my friend rented the most amazing grey/silver dress for 60euro collect friday return monday.

http://www.covet.ie

Top Floor, The Powerscourt Centre 59 South Williams Street
    Dublin, Dublin 2 Ireland
    +35316799313

Advertisement