Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographer

Options
  • 22-03-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know who was the professional photographer at Punchestown Hunter Trials yesterday?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 arkle121

JEmily wrote: »
    Does anyone know who was the professional photographer at Punchestown Hunter Trials yesterday?

Thanks.

if you contact the kildare hunt i am sure they can tell you.i have taking about twenty photos of them jumping the gate competition if thats any good you can have them if you like
    cheers
    pd

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

you could also put this in the photography forum, quiet a few Pro's use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Mel Doyle was the guy who was taking photos of the water jump. He was handing out cards on the day. If you google 'Mel Doyle photographer' you'll find his website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Gotta love these so called Equestrian Photographers, poor jump choice and compostition.

Borderfox wrote: »
    Gotta love these so called Equestrian Photographers, poor jump choice and compostition.

Yeah, not all the photos were great. My dad, using a very basic camera with a slow shutter speed, actually took a better one of me over the same fence than the photographer. That said, all photographers, whether well known and respected or not so well known, seem to choose that fence when taking photos at the hunter trials and events there. I've one from about 6 years ago taken over the same fence (taken by a professional)!!

• Advertisement

Btw, what's the 'going rate' for 'normal' size photos these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 arkle121

there was a notice in the irish field today. the mobile lab of
    tony parks equesterian photos had been in a serious accident and could not attend that event. luckly no one was hurt.

arkle121 wrote: »
    there was a notice in the irish field today. the mobile lab of
    tony parks equesterian photos had been in a serious accident and could not attend that event. luckly no one was hurt.

Yeah, I saw that snippit this evening. That's a shame for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I shot in Bowden Park and over the 6 or so competitions managed to get to 5 jumps and the water over the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

arkle121 wrote: »
    if you contact the kildare hunt i am sure they can tell you.i have taking about twenty photos of them jumping the gate competition if thats any good you can have them if you like
    cheers
    pd

Thanks, got them! Missed the gate jumping, i'd say that was mad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement