Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IntelliCad, what do you know about it?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

I am proficient in AutoDesk releases of autocad and give lessons on it, but I have been approached to teach Intellicad by a client.

Now my basic research so far is that it tries to emulate autocad, I would like to know if there are any major differences, and will I be able to pick it up effectively with my autocad experience?

Anything will be helpful, compatibility tips, different techniques or commands it may require, I will download a trial now and have a lash myself but any experienced opinions will help too, thanks.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you are half decent t any CAD package you should pick it up.
    However, it would take you a while to get used to the basics, at to an instructional level.
    I doubt its particularly good.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I remember seeing it demoed at a plan expo years ago. I wasnt overly impressed.

your time would be mush better spent learning revit comprehensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

It looks like a clone of cad 07, at least the release I have downloaded as a trial, this is the clients choice in getting a basic low cost cad solution, from what he describes it will suit his needs so I will continue on with it.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

For 2D cad work, Intellicad offers excellent value for money and if you can use AutoCAD, then Intellicad will be no problem.

As you probably know, it uses dwg as its native file format and also uses lisp and scr routines. It uses the same commands as AutoCad also.

I currently use CADopia Professional 8, but am also familiar with the version from ProgeCad and will upgrade to their version shortly to get newer features.

There is a lot of snobbery in the cad world, don't let the fact that Intellicad can be bought for $300 put you off it.

Advertisement