If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of queries - 37 - 42" telly

Options
  • 22-03-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new 37 - 42 inch telly and a friend of mine pointed me in your direction. I have to say that I am impressed with what I have seen so far in terms of price and customer care and I reckon I will be buying from yourselves but I just have a couple of questions if you dont mind.

I remember Richer Sounds from their (your..?) days on the quays but I am wondering what the association with the Philips store is. Is this your Irish branch now as such..?

Does all your stock come from the store up in Belfast. I was intending on traveling up there to buy the telly and I was wondering if that store is where most of your stock is. Your website doesn't have many models listed but you mention a lot more through this boards page. Are they all available in the Belfast store..?

One of the models I am interested in is the Samsung LE37B530. Is this in stock in Belfast..? It is listed on the Richer Sounds site for £399. http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le37b530/sams-le37b530 I presume that covers the Belfast store as it is listed in the store finder section of that site. Are all the tellys on that site available in the store in Belfast..?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my head around it and you can tell me to feck off if I am getting too nosey..! ;)

I look forward to doing business soon,

Gaz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Gazhoop

I'll answer a couple of your questions for you...

Richer Belfast and The Philips Shop are sister stores.

As our name suggests The Philips Shop specializes in all things Philips, whilst Richer Sounds look after many other brands of TV's and all things HI-FI /AV its a treasure trove of AV goodies!

RSB can send goods down to our store for customer collections, or indeed have them delivered directly to your home but there are exceptions to this - Dave and Kenny in Belfast will beable to help you out here.

Kenny looks after mail order in Belfast, you can reach him through boards on "Richersounds.ie (Kenny)" or phone him on 04890330044.
    He's the man to talk to regarding the Samsung TV
    The main phone line for Richer is (01) 671 9666 if phoning from the South.

If you have any Philips needs I'll be happy to help:)

cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

gazhoop wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a new 37 - 42 inch telly and a friend of mine pointed me in your direction. I have to say that I am impressed with what I have seen so far in terms of price and customer care and I reckon I will be buying from yourselves but I just have a couple of questions if you dont mind.

I remember Richer Sounds from their (your..?) days on the quays but I am wondering what the association with the Philips store is. Is this your Irish branch now as such..?

Does all your stock come from the store up in Belfast. I was intending on traveling up there to buy the telly and I was wondering if that store is where most of your stock is. Your website doesn't have many models listed but you mention a lot more through this boards page. Are they all available in the Belfast store..?

One of the models I am interested in is the Samsung LE37B530. Is this in stock in Belfast..? It is listed on the Richer Sounds site for £399. http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le37b530/sams-le37b530 I presume that covers the Belfast store as it is listed in the store finder section of that site. Are all the tellys on that site available in the store in Belfast..?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my head around it and you can tell me to feck off if I am getting too nosey..! ;)

I look forward to doing business soon,

Gaz

Gaz,

Feck off ;)

Only joking (& thanks Ash) - yep The Philips Shop was my recognition of what nice people the Guys in Philips Ireland and international are - we had a great relationship with them and I felt thay they were underrepresented and much maligned especially regarding their TV's and I decided to try to put things right and set up a centre of excellence for Philips in Ireland (it seemed like a good idea at the time :confused:) Over several years we feel that we have really started to make people see what damn great TV's Philips TV's are these days ( no longer the budget middle of the road stuff from the 70's & 80's but seriously excellent TV's and designers completely committed to great picture quality) and I would like to think that we offer ALL Philips Customers a pretty unique service - no matter where you are based in Ireland we are happy to assist you with any info, query or (hopefully) purchase of any Philips product and we know the stuff backwards - (sorry for being so long winded- as you can see I'm still pretty passionate about it!)

Anyway - the Sammy is in really short supply and is an ' instore only' product - but if your heart is set on one we can order it in for you - just drop me a PM and I'll do my best to oblige or tempt you with something better!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gazhoop

Cheers lads,

Thanks for the replies and the clarifications..! I intend travelling up North on Thursday for a few things, telly included. We're moving into a new place on Wednesday so bit of a shopping trip is planned..! With this in mind 'in store only' is not a problem..!

The Samsung definitely interests me and is at a very good price but I would be open to suggestions. We have a telly budget of around €500 so the Samsung fits nicely into that.

I'll get in touch tomorrow or Wednesday to sort something out. Look fforward to speeking with you then,

Gaz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.