Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulcerative Colitis & Running

Options
  • 22-03-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a post over on Athletics / Running forum about the issues I am having with excercise and UC (specifically running)

The thread is here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055855866

I'd appreciate any contributions anyone here may have.

(I had search through the threads here and didn't find anything appropriate)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Heya,

I've been keeping moderately fit for around 9 years now, and have been doing jogging mostly; and I have a diagnosis of UC. I read your other thread and have the same problem as you. There are times when I cannot even jog for 30 minutes without having to go, but sometimes I can make it past an hour. Im not training for a marathon though, as i see it as 'impossible' with the severity of my UC right now. Impossible is the wrong word though, but maybe it'll take people like you and I much longer to train for them.

For example, we'd have to find the right foods that will not suddenly be 'pushed' rapidly through our systems while we jog (heavy fibre foods maybe?).

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Kevin

Advertisement