Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running a red light. Points?

• 22-03-2010 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, i know you're not supposed to bring up old topics, but i have a reason! i got stopped for running a red light (which was clearly amber) but i didn't bother arguing too much. anyways, the guard said itll be a fine of 60 euro, but never mentioned anything about penalty points, does that mean i won't get penalty points? or will i?? does anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Post moved to a new thread.
    Just post a new thread if you have a question. Dragging up 2+ years old threads is just annoying and people can get side tracked by the old posts. That and the info in them may be out dated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

2 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

As high heels says, it's two points. From this page.

Failure to obey traffic lights
    Title of Offence|Penalty Points on Payment of Fixed Charge|Penalty Points on Court Conviction | Amount paid in 28 days|Amount paid in next 28 days
    Failure to obey traffic lights|2|5|€80|€120

Peter Abs wrote:
    i got stopped for running a red light (which was clearly amber) but i didn't bother arguing too much.

Was it unsafe for you to stop for the amber light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

1 for amber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

1 for amber

I can't find where it says that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

eoin wrote: »
    1 for amber
    I can't find where it says that?

Can't find it either. Road Traffic Act 2004 says 2 points for not obeying traffic lights, no mention of amber.

its there alright, i've given tickets for it. (I think!!) have to double check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Maybe it falls under this?
    Failure to obey requirements at junctions, e.g. not being in the correct lane when turning onto another road

Thats 1 point.

I think it falls under failure to comply with compulsary sign/signal at a junction which is also 1 point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peter Abs

well to be honest i probably couldve stopped if i really slammed the breaks, but they were definetly amber goin through them i guess they mustve been red by the time i completed the turn. 2 penalty points eh..? that sucks... seems a bit.. over the top.. considering they were amber when i went through them and there wasn't even another car on the road, was late enough like.

How does that affect you, the 2 points, insurance wise or anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peter Abs

oh n sorry for posting a new comment on an old umm.. post? i dont even know how to start a new thread.. haha

Advertisement