Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopters ??

Options
  • 22-03-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with the 3 large helicopters over donegal today. Seen them over Ballyshannon heading north. They were the big type not the small 4 seater ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

There just heading back your way there now. Seen from Ballybofey heading south a couple of minutes ago. Seen them in Letterkenny this afternoon headind westwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

just saw them 10 minutes ago in the gap... they're flying close together, first time Ive seen 3 at once like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I have a pic. I will post when I get to a computer. Obama isn't in town is he?? These ain't private machines. And why the close flying formation. Hmmmm intriguing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Probably coming back from the oil and gas Rigs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Maybe its something to do with this??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861832

• Advertisement

If that's the case they are on seriously scenic route.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamesdonegal

photo.jpg?t=1269287128

trust me that really is 3 helicopters. heading straight over donegal town from ballybofey direction about 15 mins ago.

strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

?ui=2&ik=641d9759fd&view=att&th=12787246e693af87&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

trust me that really is 3 helicopters. heading straight over donegal town from ballybofey direction about 15 mins ago.

strange

Can you use photobucket to upload that picture? All i can see is a red X, tbh if they are in formation then its more than likely a few Irish Air Corps AW139's training with the Army.

Possibly operating out of Finner Base as it has the facilities being a former Air Corps Search And Rescue Base now staffed by the Irish Army.

Afghanistan_-_Helicopters_in_South_Vietnam_in_1971.jpg

irlpic wrote: »
    Afghanistan_-_Helicopters_in_South_Vietnam_in_1971.jpg

Ya.............Am thats Vietnam and those are US Army Huey's..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LOL. Ya....well spotted.

AUG%20Steyr%20Rifle%20(PD).jpg

Preferred the

l1a1.jpg

myself though;)

irlpic wrote: »
    LOL. Ya....well spotted.

AUG%20Steyr%20Rifle%20(PD).jpg

Preferred the

l1a1.jpg

myself though;)

Didnt we all prefer the FN?:D Anyway where are these pics..

:D:D
    Showing my age now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭airvan

Were the two of you in the British army? LOL That's an SLR. Surely you were thinking of this

fal_imbel.jpg

I have to say though. I really had a fondness for this one:

smle4mk1.jpg

Now that's really showing my age.:P

As for the helicopters clearly the Air Corps on a training mission probably with soldiers on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks lads. Those old bangers bring back a few memories for me too from my FCA days. :)

Now can we get back to talking about helicopters please.

Here are the 3 birdies flying over Rossnowlagh yesterday. Apparently the Air Corps has 6 of these.

25261_104408822927211_100000742809026_97705_4644459_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Defo the Air Corp,flying about 100 feet above my house all day yesterday and they are back again today. Its the AW139. Amazing noise off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Were just talking about this on Shaun Doherty. Came from Galway apparently and heading for Dunree. Some sort of military exercise/training... apparently.

deman wrote: »
    Were just talking about this on Shaun Doherty. Came from Galway apparently and heading for Dunree. Some sort of military exercise/training... apparently.

Which direction is Dunree? They are heading a north east direction over me so they are.

I didnt see those over Galway, they usually go into Renmore Barracks ( Galway City ) but usually as a singleton, unless they met the troops in some area where they were training and deployed them from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Saw this on the way home yesterday.
    [IMG][/img]huey.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭210

The three Copters are transfering troops from Finner camp (Bundoran) to Fort Dunree (Buncranna) for training. I bet it sure beats taking the bus !

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

One of the Navy ships is now anchored near Dunree.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Actually its anchored very close to Porsalon beach, so maybe they're practising beach landings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

it has to do with the Illuminati and the New World Order.... and 2012

looks like the oil tanks at the Tesco roundabout finally went kaboom, judging by the photo

Ocean FM doing a segment on the helicopters after 9 this morning.

2010 - "The year of the big freeze and the year the 3 helicopters flew over donegal."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Mystery surrounding helicopters sighted flying over parts of South Donegal in recent days has been cleared up.

Residents around Ballyshannon, Bundoran and Donegal Town have reported seeing the helicopters flying in formations of three.

Commandant Neil Nolan from the Defence Forces press office said it’s all part of a routine training exercise involving troops from Finner Camp and a new fleet of Air Corp helicopters.

http://oceanfm.ie/news/2010/03/24/mystery-surrounding-helicopters-cleared-up/

• Advertisement
Advertisement