Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech digidialer send sms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

what is the hkc text service and how much does it cost a month,what is a generic text dialler is it a gsm whats difference between two,I only have eircom because was sending me text alerts to me now waste money

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The HKC Securecom Text service allows you to connect to their server for text messages using your existing configuration.
    SecureText service level

Standard - €3.40 per month (Incl. VAT)
    SMS Alarm activations
    Fair usage limit 50 messages per month

Premium - €12.00 per month (Incl. VAT)
    SMS Alarm activations & Open / Close
    Fair usage limit 100 messages per month

Premium Plus - €24.00 per month (Incl. VAT)
    SMS Alarm activations & Open / Close
    Fair usage limit 200 messages per month.

A generic Text dialler is a global unit that will work from the outputs on all panels & send you a text via a sim card you provide top up.
    This one would be cheaper in the long run compared to the pricing above based on my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

ok thanks how much a genetic dialler is it a box or a card,

what about IP how that work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »

Price wise you would need to contact the suppliers.

Using the HKC service works out at 79 cent a week.
    A genetic voice dialer will dial your number and play a voice message.
    The text will give you more information.
    The text will work with any service provider as opposed to the old way it would only be used with the Eircom line.

With IP you would be looking at replacing your whole system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

tangoman wrote: »

A generic voice or text dialler is just a unit that is powered by the panel and connects to the outputs of the panel.
    I find the text diallers very reasonable if you use your own pre pay sim card.
    With IP you would need to replace your control panel & keypad . In most cases this will give you free monitoring & free remote access to your system from anywhere with a data connection.
    Panels like Risco & Siemens also allow you to connect from any web browser should you not have a connection on your phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement