Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catching a dog ?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

Title might sound a bit wrong but to explain my dog has been missing for well over a week now. But we have narrowed down her location to the top of a country lane where the 2 ladies living have spotted her a good few times. They have been leaving out food for her at night and she has been eating it. Last night she was asleep waiting by the spot the lady leaves the food but once she approached the dog got up and ran off.

She was a rescue dog and nervous enough to begin with but being missing and around strange areas and people seems to have made it worse. I walk the area calling her 5 or 6 times a day for 30 to 60mins but there is no sign.

Any ideas on how to catch her ? someone suggested a sedative in the food but my concern there is that if she eats and runs off then falls asleep it will do no good and may be dangerous for her.

Only option i an think of is to keep leaving the food and hoping she gets used to the lady enough that she can catch her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

I wonder can you get dog traps? Along the line of having a crate open with meat in it and some device to shut the door when the dog eats it?

Would the dog come to you when it sees you? can the ladies ring you when they see the dog but they shouldn't approach it.

Make sure you keep making sure that there is appetising food left out so that the dog keeps coming back to that spot.

This sounds sick, but I watched a show before about missing dogs, and they suggested pouring your own urine around the area where the dog has been spotted so it smells your scent and associates you with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got her she had wandered up to a shop near by and they kept feeding her untill i could get out there. Thank goodness shes home and i didnt have to resort to peeing in a bottle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

That's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

ha ha brilliant!! She must have had some adventure!!!

Advertisement