Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choosing cufflinks

• 22-03-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

I'm trying to find a pair of cufflinks as a present. I've looked in some clothes shops and jewellery shops, but the problem is I've no idea what I'm looking for! I'm a girl buying for a guy so I don't want to just trust my own ideas of what looks good. The ones I've seen are all between E25-E40, which is cheaper than I was expecting and makes me wonder if those are really good ones? It's not that I want to spend a fortune, just that it's a present and I want to get something a bit special so I'd be willing to pay more. And then I've no idea whether I should choose gold, silver, black, coloured, plain, patterned... So I'm wondering:

Where should I look? I'm based in Galway, or I can buy online. Even general suggestions are useful (e.g. clothes shop or jewellers?)

How much to pay to get good ones? I'm looking for something special rather than just basic ones.

Any tips on styles? E.g. colour-wise, shape-wise, etc. He likes to dress well and look stylish but still look slightly different and individual. I'd like to get something quite versatile, that would do formal occasions or business wear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭katie99

Try Louis Copeland.
    He's a master tailor and sells cuff links.
    Look at his website.
    Also try Saville row website.
    It's a London-based upmarket men's outfitters and they too sell cuff links.
    Hope this is some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Get some quality plain silver ones.

Advertisement