Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor choice Samsung Vs Samsung.....

Options
  • 22-03-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

hi guys, gonna upgrade my samsung 20"

considering this 23" samsung for €188

or this 24" samsung for €179

the 23" is more expensive?.....uhhhhhhh.....

any advice? anyone have either?

i cant decide betwen the two

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not sure about image quality but the 23" has an extreme refresh rate... 2ms is far from standard. Might explain the higher price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ya but like, 5ms for the other one is negligably indifferent no? youd never get ghosting on that either, never the less, ya it prob is the diference in price.

i cant find any reviews anywhere for the 24" one though. it seems a bit too good to be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It only 23.6" according to overclockers ;)

As far as I can see the 23 ch has a slightly better referesh rate, is ultra slim and about 1.5 kgs lighter, if that is worth the extra few quid to you.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-126-SA
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-115-SA

anyone have any preferences???

i'm having a tough time deciding.

anyone have any preferences???

i'm having a tough time deciding.

well i have a 2270 which is 21.6"(i think!) version of 2370 and it is fantastic when you get the calibration right. You can change the response time on it from "very fast"(i presume 2ms) to "fast" or "normal" i use fast as i wasnt fully happy with it playing cod4 when on very fast. But ya, picture is fantastic and it draws 20 odd watts which aint bad! I think the main diff with the 2370 and other is 2370 is newer, has lower response time, is more efficient and the power supply is not built in. Also the 2370 is absolutely gorgeous to look at even when turned off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

I think it's a combination of the newer body (which some people don't like as much, but I think is a bit of an improvement) and the quicker response.

Personally, I'd be all over the 23" just because of the body though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Is this what you would call "Cute" ?

cute body, i like em slim! :P

i honestly cant decide tbh. but sure if one of them gets a little price cut by tomo, that sure would halp! :P (hint hint :D)

i prob end up going for the 23.6" one though, i quite like the look of it.

also, seeing as there are two komplett guys here, i was looking at ordering the 720p lifecam from microsft aswell... but i dnt see it anymore, is it totally gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

The only lifecam we currently stock is the VX-5000 1.3MP:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=355092

:(

ye had this one there like 2 days ago. its alright sure, was just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

Since we're moving from one stock system to another, it could reappear during April, but no promises ;)

Advertisement