Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New RTE Afternoon Show Photography Comp. Prize includes holiday,€1000and a DSLR

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I don't know if you're commenting like this cause you didn't win or these are in fact just opinions from someone who just dislike the show and found this thread..

Anyway, The red arrow photo although in your eyes it might not be a a good shot but it's got a massive story behind in and I feel it with that in mind it's a great photo.

I was about 100 miles from the Volvo ocean race and couldn't get to it, But even if the hype on this forum was anything to do by It was an amazing event and remembered by thousands.. Think of all the people that went to it, All the companies that benefited from it and then it really was an afternoon to remember, I'm sure a photo of a boat could of been chose but I've never seen the red arrows over here and it would definitely be something I'd remember.

Never watched the show (I'm in work in the afternoons), and no, I didn't enter. I am not bitter.

But something touted as a 'photo' competition, giving a reasonable prize including a pro-sumer camera, surely its not too much to expect some decent shots?

The red arrows have been here tonnes of times before, and are indeed confirmed for this years Naas Air Show. We did have an airshow in Baldonnell for years, and more recently in Salthill....

The Red Arrows flying here is far from a once in a lifetime event.

Add to the fact it isn't the most exciting of shots, then well, er...

This is the photography forum after all, so if someone want to critique (even from a complete amateur level) photographs from an alleged photography competition, then so be it.

The Volvo Ocean race may well have been a great event - so surely a shot of that would have been more appropriate.

Anyway, I digress. Competition was a farce, judging by the 'finalists'.

You can be sure there must have been some pretty good shots, but the , er 'judges' didn't shortlist them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Never watched the show (I'm in work in the afternoons), and no, I didn't enter. I am not bitter.

But something touted as a 'photo' competition, giving a reasonable prize including a pro-sumer camera, surely its not too much to expect some decent shots?

The red arrows have been here tonnes of times before, and are indeed confirmed for this years Naas Air Show. We did have an airshow in Baldonnell for years, and more recently in Salthill....

The Red Arrows flying here is far from a once in a lifetime event.

Add to the fact it isn't the most exciting of shots, then well, er...

This is the photography forum after all, so if someone want to critique (even from a complete amateur level) photographs from an alleged photography competition, then so be it.

The Volvo Ocean race may well have been a great event - so surely a shot of that would have been more appropriate.

You can be sure there must have been some pretty good shots, but the , er 'judges' didn't shortlist them.
    yup like my shot wasnt shortlisted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

yup like my shot wasnt shortlisted!

Ah go on, post it up here. We'll decide if it would have been a worthy winner, and you can get the valued (if imaginary)

'Photo that should have won the RTE afternoon show Photo Competition in our opinion' award

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Ah go on, post it up here. We'll decide if it would have been a worthy winner, and you can get the valued (if imaginary)

'Photo that should have won the RTE afternoon show Photo Competition in our opinion' award

:D:D
    haha no way!!!! It was a poor shot that told a great story though.which is what i thought the point of the competition was......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you might be misreading their agenda. they were probably looking for shots which were for the consumption of their audience, rather than shots aimed at dedicated amateurs or HDR enthusiasts or strobists or whatever.
    judging would reflect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I did enter but soon after I did, I changed how I approach B&W protraits and would definitely have entered a much stronger shot. It was also of 2 little girls, in B&W, every bit as good as the one that made the final selection, but I've done better since.

Always next time eh ...

trip to cannes would have been sweet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Just saw this thread!

00033403-300.jpg

Have a photo from a second earlier than this ^ :p

spaceball.gif4520961364_7a1782ddbf.jpg

Might have been worth an entry so! I much prefer his though!

Advertisement