Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mavic CARBONE sL

• 22-03-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I was thinkiing of buying a set of theses wheels but am a little concerned about water getting in and damaging the rim and spokes.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Moved from Cycling Adverts subforum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

They can take in a little water but it doesn't harm then. I have had enough water in mine to make me sound quite literally identical to a washing machine on a slow spin going down the road but all you do is take them off and shake them for a minute and it flies out the drain holes and spoke holes. It has to be a really wet day, not light rain, heavy rain with puddles and/or throwing buckets of water over the bike when washing it in order to take on water.

Its no big deal though. They are designed for it, hence the drainage holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 veedub02

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement