Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on selling bmw

• 22-03-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

the cheapest 320cd 05' diesel coupe i see on carzone is 14950. do you think this is reasonable? looking to sell mine which is the same year with 31k miles on it.

would a garage accept it as a trade in on a cheaper car and give me the difference in cash? more like a trade down? does sort of thing happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Has it service history? I'd be asking lots if I went to view a diesel with that little mileage on it in 5 years that's the first question to prepare for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you want any chance of selling it privately take the cheapest one on carzone and start off by asking around 10% less for yours. With such low mileage you will need to provide a full documented service history otherwise people will assume it has been clocked.

Regarding trading down, it is very unlikely you will get cash from a garage unless you are buying something from them that has been sitting on their forecourt for ages because it was impossible to shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

yep i have a fsh with the car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jon1981 wrote: »
    yep i have a fsh with the car.

any links to the car?
    PM me if you want.

in my personal opinion, its the old shape coupe, and i think 15k is very expensive for it, but thats my opinion, please dont take offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

i havent put it up for sale yet, its the e46 model. its immaculate condition. probably put it up for sale in the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jon1981 wrote: »
    i havent put it up for sale yet, its the e46 model. its immaculate condition. probably put it up for sale in the next couple of weeks.

cool, yeah heres the cheapest E46 320Cd - http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/320CD-SE/201010197221037/advert?channel=CARS

Advertisement