Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Availibility Issue

• 22-03-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi All;
    I am having real problem with getting my line enabled for broadband (not a new or uncommon problem I know).

I am in the coutry side, but am only 1.5km from the nearest Exchange, nearest neighbour 1/2km away has broadband, as does other neighbours, the usual story etc:(

When I check my line (line only 4 years old) with eircom, it is supposedly not suitable for broadband. Their customer support and sales dept are are about as useful as.......

I spoke to a local eircom technician, who checked my line and told me he had enabled it on the system, give it 10 days and try again.

The 10 days elapsed etc, and I still had no joy, so he checked again and said everything should be in order etc, so perhaps there is a fault on the line

I logged a call with wonderful eircom support, who take 48hours to just register the fault let alone look into it.

Could the broadband non-availability be caused by a fault, or could something else be causing this, if so what could this

Thanks a million in advance
    B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Most likely culprit would be a pair gain (you have a shared line). If you ask the support people if you're on a pair gain, they have to tell you. If you are, you'll never get broadband on that line unless they remove it. They may be unable/unwilling to do that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bertson

Thanks a million, I have asked the local engineer to see what needs to be done, if possible that is:D

Advertisement