Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm looking for an oil burner.

• 22-03-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

I converted my solid fuel cooker to oil a number of years ago. The burner is now broken and un-reparable.

I'm looking for a burner similar to the one, so if anyone has some inforation it would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

What type is it?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

There is no make as such, it was manufactured by a local company.

It's a rectangular box with motor pump and control box attatched.

There is no specific name to it.

Here's a picture of my current one:

php3wqfjapm.jpg

The guts of that are from a Riello burner, and it looks like they have just configured it to suit the cooker. What you could do is buy Riello parts and replace the parts in the burner. Time consuming i know but if you cant get the exact burner you might just have to do this.

JohnnieK wrote: »
    The guts of that are from a Riello burner, and it looks like they have just configured it to suit the cooker. What you could do is buy Riello parts and replace the parts in the burner. Time consuming i know but if you cant get the exact burner you might just have to do this.
    Yes, I know that. But I've just spent so much time on the bloody thing I don't fancy attacking it again!

Hopefully an exact burner might turn up somewhere.

• Advertisement

What were the systoms in the first place.

What were the systoms in the first place.
    A common problem with this burner - oil leaked back down into control box, and being a plumber myself I know this can be a fire hazard.

Bummer

Could you see where it was coming from?? probably a stupid question.:rolleyes:

Bummer

Could you see where it was coming from?? probably a stupid question.:rolleyes:
    No, not stupid! Oil flowing through jet when burner switched off, replaced jet and tried it again, and I blew the fecking control box for the second time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

That burner was custom built to suit conversion. you ain't getting one the exact same unless you or someone else builds it. building it would be interesting and fun and probaly cost around €260 for parts.

• Advertisement

Hi Micky, I got in contact with the company who supplied the burner first day and I got a quote for a similar one of €650. I thought this was a little bit on the dearer side! Your suggestion sounds good, but I've spent so much time on and off I'm sick of it.

I just said I'd put it out there to see if anyone had something similar lying around.

solenold valve is gone in your burner. will need to be replaced. Probably around €80, control box sadly is about €100. nearly better off buying a new burner and stripping for parts.

I don't know anybody who builds burners for a living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gcoleman

(This is Eire-Dearg, I was using my son's account, but decided to make my own.)

I think I'll take your advice and purchase burner and re-build my own. Thanks.

Let us know how you get on. I wish I was doing it:D. A riello Burner is about €380 in Heatmerchants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gcoleman

Johnny, if you want a weekend in Tipperary you're free to come down and do it cos I'm sick of it!!

Let us know how you get on. I wish I was doing it:D. A riello Burner is about €380 in Heatmerchants.

Burners aren't that much. €250 - €280 I would think.

OP, besure and bring your burner in with you as riello burners have subtle differances, you have an older type model.

Burners aren't that much. €250 - €280 I would think.

I was quoted recently in Heatmerchants €380. I better change my supplier.

Did you ever get sorted with a burner?

Advertisement