Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junk clearout

• 22-03-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭

Its spring clean time. Anyone needs anymore pics PM me.

Mavic Kysrium ES Wheels in good condition, my favourite wheels to ride, just do not like the color scheme, the red anodized paint on mavic stuff is weak, so a couple of paintmarks on the red bits as usual€350 for just wheels and skewers, no tyres or cassette
    IMG_0467.jpg

Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels - Continental Ultra Sport tyres, nearly new tyres that have been used perhaps 4-5 times. Price = €125 for wheels and tyres (extra if you want one of the cassette's). (Furiousox has first call on these for now)
    IMG_0469.jpg

Deda Supercarbon Seatpost 31.6mm - 320mm long. €25.
    IMG_0440.jpg

Carbon wing shape bars, 40cm, suit oversize clamp (31.8) - weight approx 230grams - €25 (Bunnygreen has first option)
    IMG_0441.jpg

Token Carbon Cage - New in box - this one... €15 (furiousox has first option)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38630

BTP Tune 8 gram bottle cages x 2 - these are for weight weenies only, if you do not know what these are, you don't want them. €20 for pairFlasche3_ohne_g.jpg

Look Keo Classic - Black model, ridden 5 times, superficially scuffed on right pedal otherwise perfect, pictured. (Working perfect of course + including set of new grey cleats) €30 (Provisionally sold to Redjeep!)
    IMG_0445.jpg

Look Keo Classic - Black model - Brand new in box. Never opened. Will only sell one set of pedals either the new ones or these ones, whichever sell first €40 (If the used ones are gone, these ones are off the market, to be confirmed)

Shimano Sora 3300 Braze on Front Derailleur. €5
    IMG_0447.jpg

Shimano Ultegra 6500 9 Speed Shifters -Well used scruffy and marked but working fine. €30 (Provisionally sold to starscreamer8)
    IMG_0448.jpg

Shimano Ultegra 6600 10 speed rear derailleur - used, few small marks, working fine. €20
    IMG_0450.jpg

TACX Sirrius Softgel - very lightly used, almost new. €90 (first option on this to docroc)
    IMG_0453.jpg

Addidas Hydration Pack/backpack - strange thing, fits over you like a life jacket. Ideal for MTB or Gael Force type of thing. Bought in error, new with tags. €10
    IMG_0455.jpg

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 10 speed replacement hoods NEW €10

TACX Tao cage, silver. Used - never liked these, found that the bottles rattled in them - some people love them. Might be of use to someone who has one and wants another to make a setFREE

Rough old Look 5.1 pedals + cleats, painwork rough, axles very rough. Take em away for free if you think you can do something with them.
    IMG_0461.jpg

Shimano Ultegra 6500 9 Speed band on front derailleur - 28.6 (very small band, tends to suit older steel bikes). Brand new. €5
    IMG_0462.jpg

Shimano Dura Ace 7700 9 speed cassettes, light use, 11-23, 12-25 €30 each (first option to uberwolf)
    cass.jpg

I am located in Waterford by the way, so would have to post or drop up to races etc....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Have you got a brand or model for those carbon bars? I am looking for some specs like reach and drop etc...even a side on shot to get a profile of the bend would be great! Cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hi Quigs

I'd be interested in the Fulcrums and the Token Carbon Cage.
    Only problem is I'm up in Drogheda, any suggestions?

EDIT: Might need one of the 9 speed Dura cassettes too, next in line after uberwolf.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

9 speed cassettes available, Dura Ace 7700 11-23 and 12-25, both very lightly used
    how lightly is very lightly? would you say like new?

and how much for the pair?

also tempted by Keo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starstreamer8

Offer asking for used Keo pedals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I'll offer the asking price for the shifters (plus postage).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Second on the shifters. Well meet asking plus postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

Second call on the Fulcrums. Can collect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Can you post more about the bag or if you have a model ref I can look it up on the interweb, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Ballyhoura: The bars are quite narrow, not sure if they will suit you. There is no brand, ambrosio and token used to badge them at one point though (velotec.ie used to sell them and they used to be all over ebay). The bend is anatomic and I used to find that the drops were not long enough (possibly because I used to tilt the bars up to give me better reach on the hoods). Here they are side on an old bike I sold a while ago...

smallbike.jpg

Furiousox: Postage of wheels to Drogheda would be very pricey indeed and I won't be in that part of the world anytime soon... The cage would only cost about 3.50 euro I think.

Uberwolf: The 11-23 was raced on perhaps 7 times in the early 2008 season. It was not used before or since. The 12-25 got more use but still in great nick. I gave a clubmate a loan of the 12-25 yesterday though so that might be unavailable for a week or two. That being said, I might have another one. I just need to sort through the jumble of sprockets to be sure.

Starstreamer: You have offered asking so deal... PM me your details.

Redjeep: You were first with asking on the shifters... PM me your details. Here is another pic of those, they are no beauty queens thats for sure, quite a few scratches, but like I said, they work..

IMG_0449.jpg

Kensutz: Will have to see what Furiousox wants to do about postage on the Fulcrums, if the price is restrictive I will get back to you.

Thebouldwhacker: Here is another pic of that bag: It is an Adidas Hydration Vest 20 (note the word vest)
    IMG_0456.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Hi Quigs,second for those handlebars if no deal is done,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 docroc

I'll take the TACX Sirrius if it's still available,
    PM sent

Hi Quigs
    Just checked on the anpost website and registered postage for a 3kg parcel within Ireland comes in at E13.75
    Seems unusually cheap...:confused:
    Do you want to confirm that price with your local PO and we'll take it from there?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Hi, I'm interested in the adidas hydration vest, can I be next in line for that? Where are you based, is it cyclable from dublin city centre?

EDIT: Ah, you're in waterford - well, I'm still interested but might have to wait until you happen to be in dublin, if this is ok? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tridying

what do u think of the planet x wheels are u happy with them...thinking of buying a pair.

furiousox wrote: »
    Hi Quigs
    Just checked on the anpost website and registered postage for a 3kg parcel within Ireland comes in at E13.75
    Seems unusually cheap...:confused:
    Do you want to confirm that price with your local PO and we'll take it from there?

Hi there, it will weigh more than 3kg. You need to include skewers, tyres and tubes in the weight, plus it will need to be a very heavily packed box. I don't have a wheel box, so will probably have to improvise one from a frame box, lots of bubble wrap, newspaper, packing tape etc...., we are looking in the region of 5-6kg's at least I reckon. You'd be surprised at the weight of cardboard. A registered parcel will be in the 20 euro range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Ballyhoura: The bars are quite narrow, not sure if they will suit you. There is no brand, ambrosio and token used to badge them at one point though (velotec.ie used to sell them and they used to be all over ebay). The bend is anatomic and I used to find that the drops were not long enough (possibly because I used to tilt the bars up to give me better reach on the hoods). Here they are side on an old bike I sold a while ago...

smallbike.jpg
    bunnygreen wrote: »
    Hi Quigs,second for those handlebars if no deal is done,thanks.

Thanks for that Quigs, 40cm c-c is what I have on my bikes already and I have no problems but just looking at them on the bike I could be fairly sure that bend won't suit me. It could be the way you have them set up as you said, tilted slightly up, but the drop seems very deep indeed which is something I am not really a fan of! Unless you just think it is the picture playing games with my eyes (in which case could you send on a better side-on photo, similar to the original, i.e. off the bike with no tape) you can pass them onto bunnygreen! Let me know, cheers!

P.S. Very competitive prices on your stuff here, fair play! ;)

tridying wrote: »
    what do u think of the planet x wheels are u happy with them...thinking of buying a pair.

Sold them. Rims good, hubs and spokes weak. Not superlight compared to zipps or similar. Mine were around 1550g for the pair. Good for the money, ideal for triathlon I reckon.

Ballyhoura, your eyes do not deceive you they are a standard 90mm drop. Bunnygreen, over to you if you are interested in them.

Hi there, it will weigh more than 3kg. You need to include skewers, tyres and tubes in the weight, plus it will need to be a very heavily packed box. I don't have a wheel box, so will probably have to improvise one from a frame box, lots of bubble wrap, newspaper, packing tape etc...., we are looking in the region of 5-6kg's at least I reckon. You'd be surprised at the weight of cardboard. A registered parcel will be in the 20 euro range.

Ok might still be a runner, I'd take one of the dura cassettes as well if available, I think uberwolf has first option on both of them?

CPL 593H

Subluminal, I will bear that in mind.

Uberwolf/Furiousox, I have confirmed that I currently have 2 Dura Ace 9 speed cassettes in my possession 11-23 and 12-25, both in great condition:

cass.jpg

Over to you Uber on the cassette's.

Furiousox, let me know what you want to do with the wheels. I checked the boxes I have and none are big enough for wheels, so I will have to check out some LBS's to see if they have any.

• Advertisement

Ok,Quigs ill take them off your hands,ill pm you and we can arrange collection etc,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah, go on then. I have an ultegra cassette in my CRC basket at the mo in 12-25, and run 11-23 on my 'race' wheels.
    So I'll take both.
    Maybe another Dub could share postage with me on these?

(and can you recommend me new chains for my machines?)

Bunnygreen and Uberwolf, done at asking. For the others interested in a cassette, I should have another 12-25 in a week or so.

Uber, I tried every type of chain when I was on 9 speed and none worked better than the Dura Ace 7700 (around 25 euro), the Ultegra one (HG93) was also good and cheaper at about 18 euro. Apart from that the only one I actually liked was the KMC X9 SL which was pricey at around 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

Its spring clean time. Anyone needs anymore pics PM me.

Addidas Hydration Pack/backpack - strange thing, fits over you like a life jacket. Ideal for MTB or Gael Force type of thing. Bought in error, new with tags. €10
    IMG_0455.jpg

Rough old Look 5.1 pedals + cleats, painwork rough, axles very rough. Take em away for free if you think you can do something with them.
    IMG_0461.jpg

I am located in Waterford by the way, so would have to post or drop up to races etc....

Hi I am interested in these if available. PM to arrange collection /delivery. John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Hi Quigs - Did redjeep take the shifters? PM me if he didn't / doesn't.

JMRJR that stuff is available. PM me if you want it. FunkyJebus, shifters are gone to Redjeep.

Quigs,if that other cassette is available next week and no one else has bought it ill take it as well,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

JMRJR that stuff is available. PM me if you want it. FunkyJebus, shifters are gone to Redjeep.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

IMG_0455.jpg

Between the various posts, I'm not too sure if this is gone. I'll take it. I'm at the Waterford Duathlon on Saturday and the race in Limerick on Sunday, so between one of the two I'm sure our paths will be crossed. I'm based in Kilkenny city btw.

• Advertisement

Hi Toblerone, I think it is gone. Am waiting to see if it can be collected this weekend. Will let you know if that changes.

Advertisement