Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help choosing images for College Comp, please!

• 22-03-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just hoping you can help me pick three images for a college competition. Im going to use music shots, because, well... that's all I take, really. So if you could pick your three faves, that'd be brilliant.

I'm 99% sure Im going with this one:

4190936930_a88f2b44e3.jpg

But after that I'm a bit stuck. So here's the rest. Just click to see them large (or some, just slightly larger):

Fiddy:

4453867202_f5756319a1.jpg

The Blackout:
    4311511804_8b8fa487bb.jpg

Two Door Cinema Club:
    4381931158_9cd284d3d7.jpg

Paloma Faith:
    4442889521_79ef8caba4.jpg

4104473734_cfe0c1608c.jpg

Bear in mind the last three will not appear in great quality large as they are 800wid, max (resized for publication), but I do have the original large files.

There's also these:
    3762223411_5c595217e1_o.jpg

imelda2.jpg

Im tempted to go with all pointing shots, but I really love the Florence shot.

Please lemme know what ya think. I might have a chance at this one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

The Specials one is brilliant, I love the silhouette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I like the Black-Out photo, cause he is looking into the camera, unlike the rest where it appears you were there with rest of the fans... if ya get what I mean.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I'd say the Florence one is the weakest photographically, is it about the photo or the band?

kinda like the 50 cent one the most personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Chorcai wrote: »
    I like the Black-Out photo, cause he is looking into the camera, unlike the rest where it appears you were there with rest of the fans... if ya get what I mean.

Thought that myself. Top three are my current faves.

Mele, the Flo one I just love because of the sweetness of her pose and the vertical fade to black. It could be a fanboy choice, but I'm not sure
    if I like the rest as much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

The Specials for me too.
    then any from 3, 4 and 7.

Not mad on the one you're 99% going with I've gotta say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Love the Specials one. That'd be #1 for me! I also really like the 50c one too although I'd probably try and remove the red hue to the right of the shot.

Poor Florence looks lonely up there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm a fan of the Imelda May one tbh, not so keen on Flo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The specials shot captures a nice atmosphere, the 50 cent one is cool too [though I can't stand his music] the red hue under his arm could be easily burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Hard choice but I personally would go for the specials, good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

If I was you, I would definitely go with the one of Two Door Cinema Club. Like AR said, the one that you're 99% sure on does nothing at all for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

If I was you, I would definitely go with the one of Two Door Cinema Club. Like AR said, the one that you're 99% sure on does nothing at all for me.

its beautifil but that mic is wrecking my head and the whole lighting jazz is become slightly cliched no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Cheers for the help everyone.
    I've left Flo out, between TDCC & The Specials now. Gonna see which prints best and go with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

its beautifil but that mic is wrecking my head and the whole lighting jazz is become slightly cliched no?

Well yeah, the mic is a pain, but overall it's a much more interesting image than the specials one, in my opinion.

Advertisement