Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

father walked out...

• 22-03-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has any advice for me....i am a long time member but would rather not go under my user name for this one

im 5 months pregnant, having quite a hard time of it - coming to terms with it etc. me and the father are not together although we did give it a try.

i met with him last week to try to discuss money issues. he has a history of leaving me wait a while before paying his share for things such as initial consultations fees, insurance etc.

he basically walked out when i approched the subject and ranted that he would transfer a nomimal amount that 'would do me for the pregnancy'. the amount he mentioned will barely cover my costs so far, not to mention the next 5 months.

so just wondering if it is possible to keep a record of all receipts (obv this part is possible!) but just wondered where i stand in respect of claiming the remainder of his 50/50 share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

He has no legal obligtion to support you while pregnant, he will have to support the child when it's born but thats it.

It is hard when you end up doing it on you own and have to cope with being pregnant and all the worries and fears. You need to find help and support which does not include him.
    Have you family and friends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah i have amazing support from family and friends. i really just dont want to let him away with it. i heard today that if i took him to court they can award up to 2k for birth expenses - not sure if this also covers pregnancy expenses too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

just to say, I am not able to offer advice but if you ever need a chat then just PM me. Im in the same boat myself and still no idea what i can do about it all but sometimes a chat to someone in the same boat can help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

just to say, I am not able to offer advice but if you ever need a chat then just PM me. Im in the same boat myself and still no idea what i can do about it all but sometimes a chat to someone in the same boat can help. :)

thank you so much - thats so sweet of you :)

since my first post i have taken up reiki (im not an airy fairy believer normally) and its been absolutely fantastic! i feel a hundred times better - highly recommend it!

Advertisement