Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Magic Meeting Monday

Options
  • 22-03-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

MMMM!
    "Anyone living in the Munster region of Ireland and is Interesting in Learning more about magic, or becoming a magician... I am holding a meeting in the old 1/4 pub, Limerick on the 29th of March 2010. If you or you know someone who would like to come along I would love to see you there. The Future of Magic Needs You.."
    The meeting is also for existing magicians, professional or amateur. We're hoping to discuss existing societies and what can be done to improve the contact between magicians in the area.

From personal Experience, I've tried to contact my local ring on several occasions to enquire about membership and have never recieved a reply. Last years convention was, IMO, quite poor, and would not attact younger Magicians to the art. Something needs to change, and I hope that with this meeting we can start getting the ball rolling towards better communication and a forward thinking society.

Monday 29th March, 7pm, if anyone wants to go and needs to travel, let me know, I may have a spare bed if needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magicianleon

Thanks bro.. this will be a very interesting meeting so hope you can make it... Leon Andersen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Great idea lads, I know I am not the only one disillusioned by traditional magicians societies and the politics that they bring with them. I would make it up if I could but I can't take the time of work at the moment.

For anyone thinking of going, I know both zuroph and Leon quite well, and they are both top lads who know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

If there's anything you'd like voiced at the meeting Ian, by all means send me a PM or email and we can bring it up, would be delighted to have you on board.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I will be there. If anyone over 18 needs a lift from cork , contact me.
    I'll be driving up and back same night.

horgan_p wrote: »
    I will be there. If anyone over 18 needs a lift from cork , contact me.
    I'll be driving up and back same night.

What time are you heading up at?

• Advertisement

I'm going to guess around 5 or so. going from cork city.
    I'm flexible enough on it though.

horgan_p wrote: »
    I'm going to guess around 5 or so. going from cork city.
    I'm flexible enough on it though.

Let me see if I can finish up a bit early on Monday and I'll take you up on that if you don't mind. I'm out in Douglas, I'll cover the petrol money in exchange for you driving (Don't fancy driving up myself)

sounds great.

this is still definite ??

Have no reason to believe it isnt, I'll be there, as will leon and a few others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magicianleon

Hi all, Meeting on monday is still going ahead.. will be meeting at sevenish if y are late just call me of someone u know that will be there... Leon

Very positive first meeting, I think all were happy by the end of it. next meeting provisionally pencilled in for april 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NoraHs

Hi all intersted in this topic ...

I have retired from doing Magic Shows for kids parties and am looking for anyone in Cork who does Kids shows specifically.

My number is still in the golden pages and I get a few calls a week still. I only have a name of one other magician that does kids shows and he is quite often booked up.

So if you do kids magic shows please send me a message and I can pass your number on.

The type of agegroup would be 5-8 year olds typically. Also not sure what the going rate for a show is now but I used to charge 150 for two hours. 40 min sit down magic show and 1hr + facepainting.

Kind Regards
    Sharon

NoraHs wrote: »
    Hi all intersted in this topic ...

I have retired from doing Magic Shows for kids parties and am looking for anyone in Cork who does Kids shows specifically.

My number is still in the golden pages and I get a few calls a week still. I only have a name of one other magician that does kids shows and he is quite often booked up.

So if you do kids magic shows please send me a message and I can pass your number on.

The type of agegroup would be 5-8 year olds typically. Also not sure what the going rate for a show is now but I used to charge 150 for two hours. 40 min sit down magic show and 1hr + facepainting.

Kind Regards
    Sharon

Hey Sharon,
    There are a good few here and I would in particular recommend Anthony Galvin (Tony Baloney)

Stephen from Action Entertainments also preforms in the area.

You can find both their contact details here:
    http://magicireland.com/find-a-magician/munster/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NoraHs

oeb

Thanks a mill for that. Names duly noted in my diary!

Cheers
    Sharon

Advertisement