Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My kittie loves me

Options
  • 22-03-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

so she does :D

108424.jpg

btw ...do cats imprint ?
    because it was me that pulled her out of a bush at the roadside as a little kitten, scared to death.

Ever since, she loves me (just me, not my wife) to the point of being a clingy nuisance sometimes. Our other two cats are friendly at best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Really sweet...

I think that colouring has an extra friendly gene in there someplace!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Lovely cat peasant, She's the image of one of mine!

I must post a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

tallus wrote: »
    Lovely cat peasant, ...

thanks, she's a beauty, alright

108431.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That picture in the OP is adorable. What a beautiful cat, and I've never seen a cat so in love with their human before :P

Our cat seems to merely tolerate us unless he's cold or wants food...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

What a gorgeous pic, OP!

My cats awful clingy too. Always hanging off me and sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night with her head on my shoulder and the rest of her cuddled up under the blankets. God help the OH if he tries to hug her in bed though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Awwww, how sweet is that little calico!

As for whether they imprint - some cats have people they like, and they're just not interested in others. I get the 'face of love' from some of mine sometimes, usually when they're in a similar position to the first picture on this thread - paws flexed in delight, totally relaxed, snuggling and happy - some cats will even reach up and stroke your face with their paws when they're in this position (which is a sport for the brave, considering each paw has razor hooks on it!)

this thread - paws flexed in delight, totally relaxed, snuggling and happy - some cats will even reach up and stroke your face with their paws when they're in this position (which is a sport for the brave, considering each paw has razor hooks on it!)

She does that too, as well as nudge my chin with her nose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Aww I miss my cats now (I'm in work). My 6mth old kitten is very clingy as I'm the one who spends the most time with her, she's a bit nervous around the OH sometimes. She's like a puppy following me around, I don't mind cos she's not a whinger.

My older cat gives us serious love in bursts & then ignores us for the rest of the day. She gets particularly independent when weather is warmer enough to be out a lot

OP that cat is gorgeous. Torties & calicos are the best cats ever I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I have a calico cat as well and she is really really affectionate, i wonder is that a part of their personality? My ginger tom, almost shudders when rub him. I do catch him off guard though and rub his nose when he is asleep and I get away with that

OP, the cat is gorgeous and I love the picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If I attempted to pick up my cat, I would end up blind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Our big male cat is just the same, so so affectionate.

He loves to cuddle between me & my wife in bed.
    I'f I'm lying on my side he sometimes is my "big spoon" :D

He will sit on the filing cabinet next to the computer and move his head toward me. Reason being is that he wants me to do the same so we can rub out forheads together :o

He also loves being picked up by the wife and cradled.
    He will then bury his face in her arm.

yep.... he's a grade1 cuddle cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I would give anything to have my cat look at me like that, just once.

He barely acknowledges me unless he's hungry or he suddenly decides that he doesn't like whatever sash we give him.

I pick him up and hold him like that and the odd time he'll stay there for a bit (banging his tail impatiently) until the appropiate time has passed until he can cry for treats!

OP he's lovely. I love the colouring. My black cat has started to go ginger so summer must be upon us!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

Awh how cute - we have a calico kitten - she's about 7 months and is sooo affectionate. She often looks at himself like she's madly in love with him! We have a jet black male too and he's also affectionate - he goes through phases of it - mostly with me! He loves a belly-rub

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Cats are affectinate to whomever opens the whisker's pouches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I have a similiar question - my gf's cat always comes to lie on me when I am over at her house. He lies on me over anybody else in the family given a choice. Is there a reason for this or is it just because I'm warmer than the rest of the family?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

ours is a big softy too - he likes to climb my husband's leg and sit up on his shoulders like a scarf.....

Teferi wrote: »
    I have a similiar question - my gf's cat always comes to lie on me when I am over at her house. He lies on me over anybody else in the family given a choice. Is there a reason for this or is it just because I'm warmer than the rest of the family?
    Sometimes cats come to the people who want to have the least to do with them.
    This has to do with body language. Cats perceive being looked at directly as being aggressive or at least unfriendly (sizing them up) and prefer to approach people who are trying not to attract their attention.

Advertisement