Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat chat: general off topic discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Mmm, a while back there was a rumour of Dunnes selling out to Asda, one has to remember it is Walmart with a great deal of clout, not sure if it would make any difference to kilkenny, much the same format. Trouble with the city is a lack of population, i or we would prefer more choice, yep Tesco, it is ridiculous that we have to travel either to Clonmel, Carlow, Thurles, Port laoise or even New Ross. I cannot think of any reason why,are we not mature enough to make a decision. Sorry i missed out Waterford or Tramore. Walking round Market Cross today what is it more than six vacant shops. Thanks Autosport and Road-High, foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Mmm, a while back there was a rumour of Dunnes selling out to Asda, one has to remember it is Walmart with a great deal of clout, not sure if it would make any difference to kilkenny, much the same format. Trouble with the city is a lack of population, i or we would prefer more choice, yep Tesco, it is ridiculous that we have to travel either to Clonmel, Carlow, Thurles, Port laoise or even New Ross. I cannot think of any reason why,are we not mature enough to make a decision. Sorry i missed out Waterford or Tramore. Walking round Market Cross today what is it more than six vacant shops. Thanks Autosport and Road-High, foxy

Don't think so, there are towns far smaller with more choices than KK. It's not even Tesco, just a decent choice beyond Dunnes, Super Valu or Aldi/Lidl would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

As I said it's only rumours but supervalu are not doing well in the city

Autosport wrote: »
    As I said it's only rumours but supervalu are not doing well in the city

Not blown away by the Market Cross store...it was much better in the SQ days.

I agree was in the shop today, it lacks the sq touch, we lived in the uk and yes the choice was brill, though it was not necessary saving it was the freedom of choice, we seldom shopped in the same place every week, trouble is musgraves owning many of the stores, there is a lack of variety, great stuff, tra foxy

• Advertisement

I agree was in the shop today, it lacks the sq touch, we lived in the uk and yes the choice was brill, though it was not necessary saving it was the freedom of choice, we seldom shopped in the same place every week, trouble is musgraves owning many of the stores, there is a lack of variety, great stuff, tra foxy

Some of the Super Valu's are really good, thinking of the ones down in Munster like Garveys. There just something missing about the Market Cross one, it's like they can't be arsed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

road_high wrote: »
    Some of the Super Valu's are really good, thinking of the ones down in Munster like Garveys. There just something missing about the Market Cross one, it's like they can't be arsed.

Maybe that's half the issue, a lot of supervalus are franchise and have the owner on site where as a lot of the old super Quinns are owned by musgraves.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Garveys are big in dungarvan, food and petrol, agree market cross is not the same, worth going to loughboy or a jaunt down to carrick, ever liked the poppyfields sv, in fact could not take to poppyfields. This anti tesco thing is i reckon a man thing, whatever it is a g9reat shop to wander round, similar to a decent dunnes, nothing wrong with lidl or aldi, have a good day bbhgfoxy

Rumours are heating up but it's not Super valu it's Dunnes

Yes, that makes sense, it would be an easy take over, pity really dunnes is a progressive store, i was never sn ASDA fan in the Uk, safeways before they were taken over, morrisons sainsbury some co-ops but not waitrose or budgens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Anyone know where I can get blocks of puff pastry? Dunne's down town, supervalu market cross and Lidl on the Johnswell rd only do sheets.

Have you tried the cash and carry Or Kilkenny frozen foods?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its so quiet !!!
    Nothing happening in Kilkenny ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Curious guys ... Visiting Kilkenny this weekend. Any good places to watch the Lions on Saturday morning? (serving breakfast would be a bonus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

Curious guys ... Visiting Kilkenny this weekend. Any good places to watch the Lions on Saturday morning? (serving breakfast would be a bonus)

Langtons.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

I see Diesel advertising for staff in Kilkenny for their new store... anyone know more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

There are a couple of job opportunities in my work place in Kilkenny City for software developers if any one is job searching at the moment or it might suit someone looking to relocate to Kilkenny.

Two software development roles, permanent positions and ideally would be someone with oracle DB experience.

If any one is interested in finding out more or knows of some one who might be interested then drop me a message for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Hi all.... I'm new to Kilkenny and looking for a weekly game of Astro turf football. Please PM if you have a space.
    Thanks
    Garrett

I see Diesel advertising for staff in Kilkenny for their new store... anyone know more ?

Heard it's going into old HMV store, beside the town hall on high st...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

Hope they stay longer than the last couple of tenants that were there.

• Advertisement

Does anybody know where the council are proposing to put seven houses on the old new orchard road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Comerman

JimTreacy wrote: »
    Does anybody know where the council are proposing to put seven houses on the old new orchard road.
    Not very specific
    http://kclr96fm.com/council-gets-green-light-build-new-houses-kilkenny-city/

What is John Mcguinness waffling about housing he supported the Fianna Fail government when they were in power destroyed the country played into hands of developers.

How long are Base Camp closed on High st? It seems some units sign up for a year lease, then pull out if business isn't as expected. Rents/rates once again are crippling new start ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DancingHomer

I've heard a rumour (from someone who sold up and moved out of the estate) that the Council have bought a bunch of houses in Weir View on the Castlecomer road.

Has anyone else heard this? Bad news for the hard-working residents who get up early in the morning, if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

I've heard a rumour (from someone who sold up and moved out of the estate) that the Council have bought a bunch of houses in Weir View on the Castlecomer road.

Has anyone else heard this? Bad news for the hard-working residents who get up early in the morning, if true.
    That is old news at this stage that has been doing the rounds three years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DancingHomer

PeterCasey wrote: »
    That is old news at this stage that has been doing the rounds three years ago.

So Kilkenny has poor people too? Wow, maybe you can start a Petition to get them shipped over to Carlow. You'll easily get 17,000 signatures....seeing as it's an online petition which requires no actual effort on anyone's part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

So Kilkenny has poor people too? Wow, maybe you can start a Petition to get them shipped over to Carlow. You'll easily get 17,000 signatures....seeing as it's an online petition which requires no actual effort on anyone's part.
    You must have been on the beer early as I have not a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Comerman

Bad news for the hard-working residents who get up early in the morning, if true.

I'm not a lover of the council etc. But old as that news is how do you think it would impact on the "hard working residents" that "get up early" just curious.

• Advertisement

Can you explain why? I find this very snobbish

Advertisement