Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat chat: general off topic discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Comerman

And there he was DancingHomer.......... Gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DancingHomer

PeterCasey wrote: »
    You must have been on the beer early as I have not a clue what you are talking about.

Peter, i agree with you, in that you don't have a clue. Seems you like to tell people to study history, yet you're unable to recall your own post history. Here's your quote from the Mart thread, to remind you what you posted.

"Did 17,000 people not sign a petition against the horse neglect which is caused by a small minority, people should look up why kilkenny is called a city may be if they went to college as stated study history they might find that out. We have not the 3rd level college but we have the hospitals which Carlow people use."

17,000 people signed an internet petition. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

So Kilkenny has poor people too? Wow, maybe you can start a Petition to get them shipped over to Carlow. You'll easily get 17,000 signatures....seeing as it's an online petition which requires no actual effort on anyone's part.
    Every County has people that are not as fortunate as others due to different circumstances behind every face there is a person, as regards getting a petition shipping them to Carlow what a hurtfull thing to say i don't get involved in online petitions. The weir was estate that was built during the celtic tiger it was the place that people felt they were a little bit better than others houses were overvalued for what you were getting when the crash came they couldn't get rid of the houses. A few people in there were never to far from a council house as regards getting up early in the morning Leo Varadker statement is catching on but look at him you see snobbery dripping out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Can someone please confirm to be that there is a hill called mount Victoria in Kilkenny and if so, where exactly is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I never heard of that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Me neither

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

One day, a boy walked into class late. "Why are you late?" The teacher asks. "I went to mount Victoria." He takes his seat. 5 minutes later, another boy walks into class late. "Why are you late?" The teacher asks. "I went to mount Victoria." He takes his seat. 5 minutes later, a girl walks into class late. "Now let me guess .. you went to mount Victoria?" "No, I am Victoria"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Sky King wrote: »
    I never heard of that.

OK, I've gotten it wrong. The name of the place I was thinking of is Tory Hill.

It's just outside Mullinavat. There's nice walks down there.

a bunch of 'undocumented' tourists arrived in Kilkenny today. About six of them jumped out of the back of a truck that had come from Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

a bunch of 'undocumented' tourists arrived in Kilkenny today. About six of them jumped out of the back of a truck that had come from Spain.

Where were they discovered?

road_high wrote: »
    Where were they discovered?

They jumped out of a large truck parked on Dean Street. All men. No women or children. Poor truck driver must have got a fright. I've no idea where they went to after that, but they had phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

road_high wrote: »

Any idea where? Rumour had it that Superdrug was Elverys old store on high street and dealz was taking the old heatons store.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Any idea where? Rumour had it that Superdrug was Elverys old store on high street and dealz was taking the old heatons store.

Heard in another thread Dealz had the former Heatons unit in Market Cross.
    No idea about Superdrug but that sounds plausible and about the size their shops would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dealz are opening a store in the Showgrounds in clonmel.

Autosport wrote: »
    Dealz are opening a store in the Showgrounds in clonmel.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I see Cllr. McGuinness & the Da're to hold a public meeting over the proposed Mosque.

"Concerns" emanating from representations made to him are behind the meeting.

All the usuals're commenting on his social media feed incl. Elvis and the Druid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think meetings are great but blowing off steam isn't going to blow this off. I think the people who actually go to that meeting will not actually do anything to prevent the mosque from going in there, just like they did with the horse issue and the bridge issue. People are hypocrites, go to meetings but will do absolutely nothing to prevent something happening. It costs €20 to lodge an appeal, not one of those idiots at that meeting will actually cough up €20. The council did had meetings etc... for the bridge back in 2007, yet they waited until they started to build it to object.

I'm actually surprised at how racist this city is. I don't think it's the best place overall for any religious place but the way people are going on you'd swear they were setting up a bomb-making facility. Suddenly there'll be a traffic issue as the 8.9 million Muslims that live in Ireland are all going to come to this Mosque at one time. I think it's just a poor place for them more than anything else. They will have parking spaces, people going to funerals and matches do not give a fiddlers where they abandon their cars.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

I think meetings are great but blowing off steam isn't going to blow this off. I think the people who actually go to that meeting will not actually do anything to prevent the mosque from going in there, just like they did with the horse issue and the bridge issue. People are hypocrites, go to meetings but will do absolutely nothing to prevent something happening. It costs €20 to lodge an appeal, not one of those idiots at that meeting will actually cough up €20. The council did had meetings etc... for the bridge back in 2007, yet they waited until they started to build it to object.

I'm actually surprised at how racist this city is. I don't think it's the best place overall for any religious place but the way people are going on you'd swear they were setting up a bomb-making facility. Suddenly there'll be a traffic issue as the 8.9 million Muslims that live in Ireland are all going to come to this Mosque at one time. I think it's just a poor place for them more than anything else. They will have parking spaces, people going to funerals and matches do not give a fiddlers where they abandon their cars.

Firstly it is not racist to have concerns over a religion
    Secondly people should have concerns about a mosque & more Muslims moving to the area when every country that has a Muslim population ends up having problems with them
    Yes not all Muslims are going to wage jihad but as has happened in other places once they get their feet under the table they start demanding more & more. They do not integrate in fact they expect the non Muslims to bend over backwards for them.
    Supermarkets will eventually have tills where the Muslim employee refuses to serve people with alcohol or pig products
    Everyone will be scared to speak out about Muslims then eventually we will have cases like Telford,Rochdale,Oxford etc where young girls are abused or raped & everyone from politicians to the Gardai will know about it but do nothing in case they upset the Islamic community
    We in Ireland only have to look at Europe/UK to see what will eventually happen here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Glenomra

a query. Will the Kilkenny Sunday car boot remain open for the Summer. we take the occasional drive there and the last time we went, very wet weather about eight weeks ago or more, it was closed.

So s**t suddenly got real today; 3 premises in the city were raided in an investigation into prostitution.

Also across the constituency nail bars, restaurants & takeaways were raided in an investigation into human trafficking; news reports aren't saying which county these were in or naming the establishments.

One lady was arrested and she appeared in Carlow District Court (was taken to Kilkenny to be questioned) this afternoon; it's an immigration issue relating to an expired visa afaik.

Anyone anything else to add?

May potentially be related to the outcome of referendum or the Mosque or his homophobia etc. but Kilkenny Journal, Irish Press and his photography page have all disappeared from social media.

I refer of course to Kilkennys Druid.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Nokia6230i wrote:
    May potentially be related to the outcome of referendum or the Mosque or his homophobia etc. but Kilkenny Journal, Irish Press and his photography page have all disappeared from social media.

Nokia6230i wrote:
    I refer of course to Kilkennys Druid.

Delete it all himself?! Can't see it lasting long. That clown loves attention

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi anyone know what shops are going in at the mart , it just shows a cinema on the picture , I heard penneys anyone know if this is true . Thanks

I heard it's a Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Oh I didn't think dunnes would go over there. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bainneban

Will Kilkenny ever get a Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Anyone know what has happened with Primos? My bro in law is devastated! I asked the girls in Marios and they just shrugged and said they didn’t know.

• Advertisement

Rose of Tralee, Waterford Rose Kirsten Mate Maher (allegedly; for legal reasons but I believe her) racially abused in a Kilkenny City takeaway/restaurant > https://kclr96fm.com/gardai-are-investigating-reports-that-the-new-rose-of-tralee-was-racially-abused/

Advertisement