Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin maps update

Options
  • 22-03-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

i have a garmin nuvi 610 that i got about 4 years ago and i'd like to upgrade the maps on it as a lot of the newer roads aren't on it. i checked it out onthe garmin website cos i assumed the map updates would be free but they want to charge me €80.

is there any other way of getting those upgrades.

thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moved from motors, think this is better suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

if you do the garmin upgrade it is the latest map they have, maybe even a four year old one . i think the are the most over rated sat nav .

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

IF the unit has never been registered you can change the IFIX date and it may be covered by the "numaps" single free upgrade. However thats a fairly old unit so theres a chance it won't be. Changing the IFIX date makes it think its just been sold; if its been registered they'll have the original (real) IFIX date stored.

You'll probably need to upgrade the storage too, the current City Navigator Europe is 1.85GB unless you remove countries from it and Garmin still sell "All Europe" units with under this amount of storage!

Advertisement