Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweeney's Deli

Options
  • 22-03-2010 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone tried it yet? Is it open?

Once the Harbour is open , hope its provides tea etc.. would be a nice compliment to their lovely chips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Had breakfast there this morning..savage fry up and great value.

I'll definately be going back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Saw the prices for this place the other day. Seems really reasonable if the food is good> Full Irish for a fiver; tea and cake for 2.50E.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Saw the prices for this place the other day. Seems really reasonable if the food is good> Full Irish for a fiver; tea and cake for 2.50E.
    where is this brilliant deli located what town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Joe Sweeny's down at the harbour opposite Dann's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Its in Greystones; down at the harbour; right across the road from the beach house pub.

• Advertisement

Its in Greystones; down at the harbour; right across the road from the beach house pub.
    next time i am thre will call there
    great to see good food at a decent price being served, dont find that much these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Try their Fish and Chips too, awesome

Try their Fish and Chips too, awesome
    do they serve it the old fashioned way, is it locally caught, and is it battered by themselves

Not sure what you mean by old fashioned way.

Caught locally, battered there and then. They have been going a long time thru thick and thin, so good to see the place getting some good press.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

caught locally by who - Joe Sweeney heading out to the south beach with a fishing rod? There are no fishing boats in Greystones (and no harbour).

Haven't been in Sweeney's since he got rid of the snooker hall - can't imagine it being a "deli".

• Advertisement

If you had been down there, you would only need to look at the wall to see what an accomplished fisherman Joe is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Its not a chipper any more?

Yep still a chipper + Deli + Gambling Den in the back.

Good move on Joe's part.

Might hit it for Brekkie tomorrow actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

someone said full breckie for a fiver,i was charged €7,
    it was nice though,even though it's well priced i won't be changing from 3Q's for the full irish,for anyone who hasn't tried it, GET INVOLVED!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

heavyballs wrote: »
    ...i was charged €7...won't be changing from 3Q's for the full irish...

Even at €7 can they are beating Graham O'Sullivan's latest greasy offers.

Three Q's or Sweeny's? I suppose that's decided by which side of the tracks you come from!

Literally - See what I did there!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

So what kind of Fry we talking about here. Is it a greasy mess, or is it worth checking out? Have to agree with the earlier posters about the quality of the 3Q's. Its just a sensational piece of work........hungry:D

Pity about the room itself because thats the only negative imo. Too cramped and noisy. Easily forgiven..

Advertisement