Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best veggie cook book?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Want to get a yummy veggie cookbook for myself and my boyfriend. We're aren't super vegetable heads so it would be more simple but tasty dishes that won't take hours to prepare! Would love some advice!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

He isn't a vegetarian himself, but I really enjoy Simon Rimmers cookbooks. Some of his stuff is quite original (its not a vegan book).

Else if I'm looking for a veggie recipe, I find googling is the best way. I have thrown out loads of cookbooks recently as I just don't use them anymore.

taste.coma.au has a great selection of veggie recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Dinkie wrote: »
    He isn't a vegetarian himself, but I really enjoy Simon Rimmers cookbooks. Some of his stuff is quite original (its not a vegan book).

Else if I'm looking for a veggie recipe, I find googling is the best way. I have thrown out loads of cookbooks recently as I just don't use them anymore.

taste.coma.au has a great selection of veggie recipes.

Ok ill defo check out that site, would like a book as well will have a look at Simon Rimmers!Any other good ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I have some cook book recommendations which I have in our super sticky of info :D
    Recommended Cookbooks
    Cornucopia at Home by Eleanor Heffernan €39
    The Vegetarian Student Cookbook
    Vegan with a Vengeance
    Veganomicon
    The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook by Sarah Brown
    Delia’s Vegetarian Collection by Delia Smith
    From the Earth by Eileen Yin Fei Lo

I have some cook book recommendations which I have in our super sticky of info :D

Will check them out, thanks a million for the help!Which do you think is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

The book that I tend to use most nowadays is Deborah Madisons 'Vegetarian Suppers' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vegetarian-Suppers-Deborah-Madisons-Kitchen/dp/0767916271/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269350360&sr=8-2 which has fantastic, easy to prepare dinners with good recommendations for side dishes, wines etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hey, the recommendations were from fellow posters. I tend to get recipes from the internet myself.

The book that I tend to use most nowadays is Deborah Madisons 'Vegetarian Suppers' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vegetarian-Suppers-Deborah-Madisons-Kitchen/dp/0767916271/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269350360&sr=8-2 which has fantastic, easy to prepare dinners with good recommendations for side dishes, wines etc.
    This looks good will have a look into the dishes more!:) Thanks!
    Hey, the recommendations were from fellow posters. I tend to get recipes from the internet myself.

Ok great, that website has very interesting dishes will defo try a few, thanks a mill

Advertisement