Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup TV Fixtures

• 22-03-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

I don't see this posted anywhere else but the BBC and ITV have releases which fixtures each will broadcast. The list is here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/table/2010/mar/22/world-cup-2010-tv-fixtures

Obviously all the games will be on RTE but it's interesting to see when the matches are on. Bit of a pain if you work a 9-5 but happy days if you're on the dole!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BBC and ITV have HD channels then switch to rte for the "analysts" :D

Now if only i could record the games :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Supposed to be doing a research project over the summer, looks like I'll be doing it from about 10pm - 4am each night. Wake up just in time for the early kick off for the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

dreamers75 wrote: »

This might help:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055800676

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Slap bang in the middle of the leaving, lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lovin the KO times, being on the dole has some perks :cool:

Gonna need a working mute button though, for the damn vuvuzelas.

And the muldoon gah commentators they stick on RTE for the less glamourous games. "Sideline ball to New Zealand" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Des wrote: »

Gonna need a working mute button though, for the damn vuvuzelas.

I forgot about them

bloody bees will be doing my head in.

I do hope they'll have the pitches sorted, watching the confederations cup the pitches were a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Boo fcuking hoo

I had my leaving bang in the middle of Korea/Japan 2002 and had exams during Ireland games :mad: (well definitely one at least) especially remember doing Economics I think it was and some transition year outside in the hall with a portable radio on. The place went nuts when Keane equalised in stoppage time. Happy days.

im not sure will i buy a HD box for this

im in two minds about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's something about getting to choose what major international match to watch that I love. Especially when they are on at the same time. A true feast of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If I get full time work this summer - "Bah Humbug, ridiculous times to be having matches"

If not - "Brilliant, great way to spend every day!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

redout wrote: »
    Boo fcuking hoo

I had my leaving bang in the middle of Korea/Japan 2002 and had exams during Ireland games :mad: (well definitely one at least) especially remember doing Economics I think it was and some transition year outside in the hall with a portable radio on. The place went nuts when Keane equalised in stoppage time. Happy days.

I think you misunderstood my post, I wasn't being sarchastic :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I remember during the last World Cup, I was starting my first ever job in a Gift Shop. I had been going into the shop for years and never noticed a telly across from the counter. So I waltz in on my first day, my boss turns on the telly and we proceed to watch the world cup. My Mam came in to see how I was getting on and found the two of us sitting down watching it. :D

Those were the days...

No job these days so will be watching it at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cant wait for the Apres Match sketches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

kryogen wrote: »
    Cant wait for the Apres Match sketches!

Yep, these are the best non-football part of the WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Crow71

I love, love, love the world cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Crow71 wrote: »

choose1.jpg

The joys of not having exams this summer.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Headshot wrote: »
    I do hope they'll have the pitches sorted, watching the confederations cup the pitches were a shambles.
    It will be winter there. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

God when I did my leaving Ireland had never been to a major tournament and you where not born :(
    Ahhh to be 17 /18 again...... you cnut :D

Really looking forward to the world cup just hope I can stay awake ..............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Apres match... OH DEAR NO!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

+1

Always very entertaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Seems what look like alot of the better games are the half seven ones anyway, and then the weekend ones are good aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

8 years ago maybe... they peaked in 2002. been some awful sh*te since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

redout wrote: »
    Boo fcuking hoo

Same, had to return to the second part of a test at half time against Germany, we were 1-0 down. After the afternoon test the teacher supervising our test told us Ireland had won 2-1, we couldn't bloody believe it - when I got home my family was raving about getting a draw, I'm sure my class were the only people in Ireland disappointed we had "only" got a draw that day

Frisbee wrote: »
    +1

Always very entertaining

remember Eamo rant about them

had me in stitches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

dreamers75 wrote: »
    BBC and ITV have HD channels then switch to rte for the "analysts" :D

What channel is BBC or UTV HD - I can never find them?

Warper wrote: »

Have to add them in other channels guide here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Warper wrote: »

Sky HD I assume? Manually tuning is the trick.

BBC HD

Sky plus setup - add channels - Frequency: 10847, Polarisation: V, Symbol rate: 22.0, FEC: 5/6 - find channels and then save it!

ITV HD

Same thing - Frequency: 11.427, Polarisation: H, Symbol rate: 27.5. FEC: 2/3 - find channels and save!

Savage - World Cup in HD

Can catch parts of the games during lunch and maybe take a half-day or 2. The Holland-Denmark game on the Monday and the Ivory Coast-Portugal game on the Tuesday might be worth takin off for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

It will be winter there. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Isnt the problem with the pitches mainly the heat and dryness, surely their winter (which is better than our summer) is when their pitches recover and should be at their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Are RTE definately showing all the games or what? They haven't released a schedule yet, as far as i know...they'd want to be doing that soon. Why does it take them so long to do everything?!

mystic86 wrote: »
    Are RTE definately showing all the games or what? They haven't released a schedule yet, as far as i know...they'd want to be doing that soon. Why does it take them so long to do everything?!

They are showing every game - obviously not every third round match in the Group stages as some will be on at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

www.liveonsat.com is the most comprehensive listings website i have come across, only updated about a week in advance though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Nope, that'll be the beer. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

adamski8 wrote: »
    Isnt the problem with the pitches mainly the heat and dryness, surely their winter (which is better than our summer) is when their pitches recover and should be at their best.

Confederations Cup was in their winter anyway and the pitches were awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Crow71 wrote: »

Reminded me of this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055894315

I have had a humax hd box for over a year now very easy to record and no sub to sky/chorus etc, more than paid for itself the picture quality on the non HD channels are also excellent as are Champions League on ITV HD. It's going to great fun avoiding television, boards, radio etc, rushing home to watch the other matches on 2x fast forward before the 7.30 pm kick offs. Can't wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

I did the Leavin last year but I skipped TY when 80 to 85% of my year did it. The World Cup was a big factor in my decision. I feel vindicated as I look at my poor bast***s of friends and the sweat pumpin out them from study while I enjoy the World Cup. Oh the joys of being proven right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

mystic86 wrote: »

I will tell you the schedule. All games on RTÉ Two with exception of the times when there is more than one game going on at the same time. In this scenario the other game will be shown online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

BBC HD is now available on the sky HD Irish epg - channel 143. So we can record, rewind etc those world cup moments. :)

Advertisement