Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Vodafone Rubbish????

• 22-03-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Just switched from Eircom to Vodafone (was on 7mb which was generally ok). Vodafone rep called to my door touting how great they were compared to eircom. Now this is what I'm getting on my 7mb line and I'm really about to lose it.
    757649403.png

If anybody from vodafone is reading this, please get on the case or its next stop comreg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

what modem are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FullHouse

tried the huawei modem they sent me but swapped back to my old netopia because my printer, wifes laptop etc was linked through it. The router/modem in use didnt matter, speeds were shocking regardless.

Just to let you know, ComReg wont do anything. They cant. You are receiving what you paid for. You paying for an "Up To 7Mb".

Scan through these forums and you will see ComReg are useless!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

vodafone are shite. been with then since december and nothing but trouble. for the past 2 months its been reasonably ok, but only because i hassled them to sort it. In fairness, paul on here in the vodafone forum is great. But recently it's just been crap. your lucky with that ping time, wait till it starts hitting 2000-3000ms... thats when the fun starts

alexlyons wrote: »
    vodafone are shite. been with then since december and nothing but trouble. for the past 2 months its been reasonably ok, but only because i hassled them to sort it. In fairness, paul on here in the vodafone forum is great. But recently it's just been crap. your lucky with that ping time, wait till it starts hitting 2000-3000ms... thats when the fun starts

I happen to know the rep and he gave me his mobile number. If my ping goes anywhere near 2000 he'll regret it for bullsh1tting me.

• Advertisement

757715285.png

this is what I'm getting at 23:08. If i want my proper speed do I have to wait until after 11 at night vodafone??? Eircom often gave me this at peak times so why can't vodafone who claim to be superior?

are you using the wireless to connect ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i was humming and hawing over vodafone aswel, got it installed about week ago (well, i installed it), but i wasn't going to start a new thread just to praise them, so im glad you brought this up!

vodafone speeds are great, getting 2.9 constant on a 3meg line, linux torrents download about 270mbps, the router gives a great range (wireless N), other broadband providers give you a standard wired router, or bog standard g wireless...

customer service- i could have rang them five times over the two days (paddys day and the day after) and each time i was put through straight away, no being put on hold, etc. (my father in law had to verify me as an authority on his account, and then he had forgotten that i recommended the 7MB package for an extra €4 a month! €4 a month for more than twice the speed! yes please!)

the phone service works great too, free calls to three vodafone numbers (the in laws were well pleased, father in law has the free landline calls on perfect fit 200) so now he can get rid of the other monthly bill phone he was paying for the mother in law (saving himself €20 a month) plus the 10% discount because he's a vodafone bill pay customer!

so, all round they're happy with vodafone. oh, and because vodafone could re-activate the line after a ten year gap with no landline phone, i saved them the €108 six month eircom contract charge for them to activate the line! guess who's now the apple of his in-laws eye now? :p:D

oh, and I have smart telecom for the last four years myself, never had any complaints either, great service too, every broadband provider can have their issues but there are so many variables involved, and it may not necessarily always be the broadband providers fault! :rolleyes:

xsiborg wrote: »
    i was humming and hawing over vodafone aswel, got it installed about week ago (well, i installed it), but i wasn't going to start a new thread just to praise them, so im glad you brought this up!

vodafone speeds are great, getting 2.9 constant on a 3meg line, linux torrents download about 270mbps, the router gives a great range (wireless N), other broadband providers give you a standard wired router, or bog standard g wireless...

customer service- i could have rang them five times over the two days (paddys day and the day after) and each time i was put through straight away, no being put on hold, etc. (my father in law had to verify me as an authority on his account, and then he had forgotten that i recommended the 7MB package for an extra €4 a month! €4 a month for more than twice the speed! yes please!)

the phone service works great too, free calls to three vodafone numbers (the in laws were well pleased, father in law has the free landline calls on perfect fit 200) so now he can get rid of the other monthly bill phone he was paying for the mother in law (saving himself €20 a month) plus the 10% discount because he's a vodafone bill pay customer!

so, all round they're happy with vodafone. oh, and because vodafone could re-activate the line after a ten year gap with no landline phone, i saved them the €108 six month eircom contract charge for them to activate the line! guess who's now the apple of his in-laws eye now? :p:D

oh, and I have smart telecom for the last four years myself, never had any complaints either, great service too, every broadband provider can have their issues but there are so many variables involved, and it may not necessarily always be the broadband providers fault! :rolleyes:

vodafone employee???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

FullHouse wrote: »
    I happen to know the rep and he gave me his mobile number. If my ping goes anywhere near 2000 he'll regret it for bullsh1tting me.

if i were you id start dialing, its only a matter of time.

• Advertisement

vodafone employee???????

geez, bitter much? like i said, i wasnt going to start a new thread praising them, but just because im not bitching about them, and because i looked around at the best broadband options for my in laws i MUST be a vodafone shill... riiiight! doesnt matter that i got them the best option and value for their money... :rolleyes:

but to answer your question- i run my own business as an independent IT consultant and i prefer to wear dunnes stores jocks to calvin kleins so i must be a dunnes stores shill now! is there anything else you'd like to know about me? :D

like i said, i wasnt prepared to have them pay €108 to eircom just to get in smart telecom (oops, i must be... you get the idea!), but smart telecom couldnt activate the line and i didnt want them tied into a six month contract with eircom just for the phone line while i waited to go with the better value for broadband smart telecom!

yeah, anyway, thats enough of me justifying myself to a complete randomer, cheers! :rolleyes:

now, back on topic, you asked the question are vodafone rubbish, well, IN MY OPINION SO FAR, no, they're not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That good experience is textbook perfect. Which is made all the less credible when so many people are having issues with things as diverse as accessing facebook.com to customer service staff giving useless or worse than useless "advice". Check the Vodafone forum to see how extensive the complaints are.

what can i say, im good at what i do for a living! i had originally thought of getting chorus broadband since they werent too keen on paying line rental but the fact that nenagh town is still serviced by chorus's MMDS service meant they couldnt get chorus broadband.

of course forums are going to be full of complaints about various service providers because happy customers dont complain! just look at the "3 broadband megathread!" thread! and like i said, all the other providers are not without their issues, but smart telecom have always been perfect for ME!

im on these forums a lot longer than vodafone have offered broadband, and i post on various topics and help out where i can. hell, i was reading these forums when vodafone was still eircell!! :D

ive a fairly similair experience with them and would reccomend vodafone, ive rang them a few times and got through within 1 minute all the time, and i sure aint working for them,

a lot of people here seem to think they know what they are talking about but dont have much idea, the second post that you can have in every topic should nearly always be "why dont you just ring them and sort it out".

people here complain that they cant get bb, they complain that when they get it its to expensive, that they are charged for downloading to much, and most often that has to be movies, music etc which is saving them money by getting it illegally, they complain that providors wont sell them what they cant get etc etc, people want 20mb with no contention and no cap for a tenner a month, when the average house needs are far lower.

vodafone are fine as far as im concerned, every company has their problems, you dont need to go any further from this forum to see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yes vodafone are crap

Was with eircom for years in my parents house and bb was always perfect. No issues with playing my 360 online

Now I'm with Vodafone in my own house and I'm getting 14% packet loss which makes using the 360 impossible

I live about 400 meters from the exchange.

The first 2 months were fantastic, great experience online but since Xmas it has been unusable for online gaming

ive a fairly similair experience with them and would reccomend vodafone, ive rang them a few times and got through within 1 minute all the time, and i sure aint working for them,

a lot of people here seem to think they know what they are talking about but dont have much idea, the second post that you can have in every topic should nearly always be "why dont you just ring them and sort it out".

people here complain that they cant get bb, they complain that when they get it its to expensive, that they are charged for downloading to much, and most often that has to be movies, music etc which is saving them money by getting it illegally, they complain that providors wont sell them what they cant get etc etc, people want 20mb with no contention and no cap for a tenner a month, when the average house needs are far lower.

vodafone are fine as far as im concerned, every company has their problems, you dont need to go any further from this forum to see that

i also learned a long time ago that common sense like the this post will never prevail on an internet forum! nobody wants to rub anyones nose in it here but when the OP cant even do as simple as configure a router properly, and then goes on to slate anyone that doesnt agree with him that vodafone are crap, etc.

an attitude like that doesnt exactly encourage anyone to want to help him, and quite frankly im surprised that the vodafone CS even entertained him trying to configure an eircom router. if i DID work for vodafone the first thing i'd have done is tell him plug back in the vodafone router, then walk him through configuring it correctly, but thats not how the OP started this thread.

this thread was posted around the same time i was lookin into the various broadband options for the benefit of the OP that's convinced im a vodafone employee:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055839679

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

xsiborg wrote: »
    like i said, i wasnt prepared to have them pay €108 to eircom just to get in smart telecom (oops, i must be... you get the idea!), but smart telecom couldnt activate the line and i didnt want them tied into a six month contract with eircom just for the phone line while i waited to go with the better value for broadband smart telecom!

Eircom will activate your line without the need to sign a contract. They'll send out a contract when the line is activated but you don't have to sign it.

You call the ISP you want to change to with your UAN.

They switch you and Eircom bill you for the period between the activation and the switch to the new ISP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

I ordered Vodafone Broadband yesterday, currently on an Eircom bundle at work. I'll post my honest opinion and results when it's installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

757715285.png

this is what I'm getting at 23:08. If i want my proper speed do I have to wait until after 11 at night vodafone??? Eircom often gave me this at peak times so why can't vodafone who claim to be superior?

lol ur lucky enough to get 6mb :) so dont complain there :) i said before to every one else if your in UPC area go for that :) out of all the ISP's they seem to be giving the most decent speeds. I use 3 wifi at home in the country and usual speed is 0.5 dl and ping around 400 to 600 all the time...

Vegeta wrote: »
    Eircom will activate your line without the need to sign a contract. They'll send out a contract when the line is activated but you don't have to sign it.

You call the ISP you want to change to with your UAN.

They switch you and Eircom bill you for the period between the activation and the switch to the new ISP

excellent post! thanks for the info, i'll keep it in mind for future installations! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 traomijackson

769852982.png

I dont care if Comreg won't help. Vodafone are useless. I will be breaking my contract because they have broke their terms to me!!!!!! I will cancel my direct debit. I advise everyone not to stand for this rubbish.:mad:

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    I ordered Vodafone Broadband yesterday, currently on an Eircom bundle at work. I'll post my honest opinion and results when it's installed.

769852982.png

Bear in mind I am on THE UPTO (WHAT A WAY TO GET OUT OF TROUBLE CARD,) 7MB BROADBAND PACKAGE WITH VODAFONE.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

769862017.png

7MEG PACKAGE PEOPLE. VODAFONE ARE RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::confused::eek::(:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

same as traomijackson, same as...
    on a 7mb, and this is what i'm getting right now...

4485325968_506b8d18f4_o.png

Here's what is was a few hours ago...

4484992562_fee82b853d_o.png
    4484388847_4b2a3a2b09_o.png

For all the vodafone happy customers (and there doesn't seem to be many), we're dealing with facts. Look at those speeds, look at other vodafone customer speeds... we're paying for up to 7mb when we may as well be paying for 3mb or 1mb for that... it wouldn't make a difference... :mad:

769933304.png
    If I was on the 3 meg package I'd say good enough but I am on the 7meg ridiculous!!!

Hey..... I have contacted UTV.
    They offer an 8 meg package with free local, national calls and I think they charge 55.99Euro.
    I am breaking my contract with Vodafone regardless of what ComReg say....I am not even involving Com Reg as they will side with Vodafone. I will go to a solicitor if Vodafone try to charge me anything for leaving my contract.....this a JOKE BUT IT AINT EVEN FUNNY AT THIS STAGE. SHOUTING AT VODAFONE. USELESS.

769933304.png
    smemon wrote: »
    same as traomijackson, same as...
    on a 7mb, and this is what i'm getting right now...

4485325968_506b8d18f4_o.png

Here's what is was a few hours ago...

4484992562_fee82b853d_o.png
    4484388847_4b2a3a2b09_o.png

For all the vodafone happy customers (and there doesn't seem to be many), we're dealing with facts. Look at those speeds, look at other vodafone customer speeds... we're paying for up to 7mb when we may as well be paying for 3mb or 1mb for that... it wouldn't make a difference... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Apart from the odd slow evening, I've been getting higher speeds than I ever got on BT.

770599166.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Been with Vodafone a few weeks now and im pleased with the service.
    Im on the 3mb package and consistantly getting results like this....

770786594.png

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

My vodafone speeds aren't that bad. It's eveing time now and I've got this speed:
    772554984.png

Very rarely goes below that... and in the morning and late evening i'd usually get around 5-6mb which is grand. 7mb package btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Just switched from Eircom to Vodafone (was on 7mb which was generally ok). Vodafone rep called to my door touting how great they were compared to eircom. Now this is what I'm getting on my 7mb line and I'm really about to lose it.
    757649403.png

If anybody from vodafone is reading this, please get on the case or its next stop comreg.
    fullhouse dont bother ringing or txting them u will get nowere....they all promise to ring u back but they never do....there customer service is the worst on this planet and i have been everywere......VODAFONE ****

Advertisement