Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Vodafone Rubbish????

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

xsiborg wrote: »
    i was humming and hawing over vodafone aswel, got it installed about week ago (well, i installed it), but i wasn't going to start a new thread just to praise them, so im glad you brought this up!

vodafone speeds are great, getting 2.9 constant on a 3meg line, linux torrents download about 270mbps, the router gives a great range (wireless N), other broadband providers give you a standard wired router, or bog standard g wireless...

customer service- i could have rang them five times over the two days (paddys day and the day after) and each time i was put through straight away, no being put on hold, etc. (my father in law had to verify me as an authority on his account, and then he had forgotten that i recommended the 7MB package for an extra €4 a month! €4 a month for more than twice the speed! yes please!)

the phone service works great too, free calls to three vodafone numbers (the in laws were well pleased, father in law has the free landline calls on perfect fit 200) so now he can get rid of the other monthly bill phone he was paying for the mother in law (saving himself €20 a month) plus the 10% discount because he's a vodafone bill pay customer!

so, all round they're happy with vodafone. oh, and because vodafone could re-activate the line after a ten year gap with no landline phone, i saved them the €108 six month eircom contract charge for them to activate the line! guess who's now the apple of his in-laws eye now? :p:D

oh, and I have smart telecom for the last four years myself, never had any complaints either, great service too, every broadband provider can have their issues but there are so many variables involved, and it may not necessarily always be the broadband providers fault! :rolleyes:
    WELL LUCKY U.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

I am on Vodafone, previously BT, at the mo and maybe I am one of the lucky ones who does not have issues with speed but over the years I have had plenty trouble with broadband. I have not seen any of the people complaining on here list their line stats. Posting the slow speeds you are getting cannot help you without addtional info. You need to go into your modem admin page and copy/paste your stats. If you are having issues then post your line stats and maybe some others here can tell you what your issue might be and how you might solve it. Those posting the likes of "yeah such and such service is rubbish, don't bother calling" helps no one.

Advertisement