Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG BAR 10 serious problems

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

I bought a JG BAR 10 and was delighted with it. Out of nowhere it stopped working. I could pull the bolt back and feel the resistence but it wouldn't catch and just shot forward when I let go. Like an idiot, I took it apart to fix it. Couldn't find the problem and eventually, took apart the little piece on top of the trigger essembly that I pressume is meant to catch the spring. No problen untill I tried to put it back in. Spring went flying and is nowhere to be found. So two things, could I get a replacement spring and any ideas on what the problem was in the first place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you might be able to find someone will a spare or replacement the original problem sounds like the sear is not engaging properly, normally this wears down with use or from using a heavy spring,

if you had not taken it apart i would have advised taking it back to the shop if you had got it in Ireland but know it has been taken apart it would not be covered by warrently

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

<random profanity>

Really should have gone on here before doing that. Any idea where I might find someone with one? And how would I fix that sear problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Any idea where I might find someone with one?

Try posting in the adverts section. But to be honest your probably gonna have to buy one from one of the Chinese retailers.
    MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    And how would I fix that sear problem?

Buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Yeah that's the piece you need, happens over time when the piston sear wears down due to cocking the rifle, its called slam firing the problem your having.

Heres a bit more about it http://www.houstonairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5107

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

I might be wrong, but i think the sear set comes without the spring

private.G wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but i think the sear set comes without the spring

That's what I was afraid of

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

The good thing is the spring wouldn't fly far. Mine was stuck to my sweater. So have another look around the place you lost it.

It's been lost at least two weeks now. The only chance is if I pull apart the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

You could mail the guys at Airsoft Eire and ask if the spring comes with it.

I don't know the size of the spring as I don't own a Bar 10, but if its a small spring would something like the spring out of a pen work?
    You could also try a hardware store for a new spring.

• Advertisement

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    You could mail the guys at Airsoft Eire and ask if the spring comes with it.

I don't know the size of the spring as I don't own a Bar 10, but if its a small spring would something like the spring out of a pen work?
    You could also try a hardware store for a new spring.

Good idea but it's not an ordinary coils spring, although I have been known to do bodging jobs... Email is a very good idea. Very sensible :p

I did it. I bent up a pen spring and it works perfectly. Still have the problem though!

But it's a bit different. It locks when I pull it back but it's really hard to push forward and when I do it slam fires. I'm assuming it's still a sear problem

Advertisement