Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granny thread

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭

I don't mind throwing my contribution into the school threads, but I need an outlet for those 'my baby is 2/3/4/whatever months and this is happening' threads.

Its too long since I was getting up at night and making up bottles for my advice to be of any use. And anyway all I really want to do is say what an amazing mother I was (ah, hindsight and failing memory :D) and how cute my granddaughter is - I cuddle her and send her home with her mammy and daddy. Great idea.

So how about a thread to keep the Grandparents out of mischief, we can boast and brag and tell each other how much better it was in our day and how we didn't have half the stuff they need these days?

Like -Its a long long time since I reared a baby - and I had two of them in one of the remoter bits of Africa so there wasn't overmuch advice going. But they survived :) I didn't know till much later that you shouldn't put baby rice in a bottle and make the hole bigger with a hot needle :D And no-one told me that the lovely little bananas that grew in the garden shouldnt be fed to a starving 4 month old. He grew to 6'4" and as skinny as a lath.:)

Advertisement