Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2 - Litríocht

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was reading the exam brief recently on irish and to my surprise, for the próstéacs breise, it said 2.5 pages is required (40 marks). Considering 2 - 2.5 pages is needed for the essay (100 marks), the guideline for the prosteacs is surely just taking the mick?( taking account the difference in marks) Could anyone suggest what you are expected to write for this, poetry and prose questions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

It all depends on what grade you're hoping to get really, like if you're looking for an A1 you should be writing 3-4 pages for the Aiste to impress the examiner. 2 and a half pages for pros sounds about right to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

General rule of thumb for paper 2-
    12 marks= 1 page.

Paper one is a different kettle of fish. You'd need at the very least 2.5 pages for the aiste. Depends on your Irish though. You can't compare the length of answers on the two papers, even though you'd think it'd make sense to.

Advertisement