Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leather embossing

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Has anyone ever gotten leather embossed in Cork City or somewhere close by? I need to get the cover of a book embossed with a name and leather embossing is the only process I can think of that will do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There is a leather shop down the Coal Quay. AFAIK they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭mountain

try Albert Browne Bookbinding out in blackpool
    (021)4306901

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Cheers for all the info folks, I've the numbers writen down, especially the one for the leather shop as I'd like to get a case/pouch made up.

A friend directed me to another shop that binds books/embosses books so I said I'd post it here for people to see. It's in the alley down the side of SOHO on Grand Parade, called (I think) Barbara Hubbard Bookbinding. 021 4277546.

Thanks

Shane

I'm embarassed, I googled the Albert Browne and the first link was the golden pages - it brings up 5 bookbinders in cork who must do embossing as well. I didn't think outside the box.

Cheers

Shane

I went to Barbara Hubbard by the triskel theatre and it was 4 Euro per line for writing that was 8 mm high - this is a bit more expensive than a thesis embossing but it's a once off for me.

*** Embossing costs appear to be per line - I put my name on 2 lines so it came to 8 euros - just be careful of that.****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I went to Barbara Hubbard by the triskel theatre and it was 4 Euro per line for writing that was 8 mm high - this is a bit more expensive than a thesis embossing but it's a once off for me.

*** Embossing costs appear to be per line - I put my name on 2 lines so it came to 8 euros - just be careful of that.****

They do a great job though. I have always been very impressed with the work they have done for me.

Advertisement