Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann stopping at the Huntsman

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

It's really not that serious. I just don't get the big deal about it.

Anyway, Bus Eireann run safety ads on-board advising caution for cyclists on the inside. They can come up on the inside anywhere, even at designated bus stops. I assure you, I wouldn't be making a deal out of it if I was hit. I accept it would be my own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It's really not that serious. I just don't get the big deal about it.

Anyway, Bus Eireann run safety ads on-board advising caution for cyclists on the inside. They can come up on the inside anywhere, even at designated bus stops. I assure you, I wouldn't be making a deal out of it if I was hit. I accept it would be my own fault.

Its not the potential of being hit, its the insurance cover if you are hit.
    Thats the bottom line and you dont appear to be "getting it".
    You say that you accept it would be your own fault but if you broke a couple of legs or did more serious damage would you accept the potential loss of income you would suffer, medical bills, emotional trauma etc that no doubt the bus company (as opposed to the insurance company) would be liable for?

Thats the big deal and its a lesson the bus companies and other companies out there have learned the hard way.
    I believe if the driver does stop and it was reported he could lose his job over it. What would you do in the same position? (Have a laugh with the passenger over it and let them off when they wanted)

kippy wrote: »
    Its not the potential of being hit, its the insurance cover if you are hit.
    Thats the bottom line and you dont appear to be "getting it".
    You say that you accept it would be your own fault but if you broke a couple of legs or did more serious damage would you accept the potential loss of income you would suffer, medical bills, emotional trauma etc that no doubt the bus company (as opposed to the insurance company) would be liable for?

Thats the big deal and its a lesson the bus companies and other companies out there have learned the hard way.
    I believe if the driver does stop and it was reported he could lose his job over it. What would you do in the same position? (Have a laugh with the passenger over it and let them off when they wanted)

I get it -I just don't care for it! You're more likely to die in a donkey stampede than a cyclist hitting you getting of a bus at an undesignated stop.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Oh just cover me in bubble wrap already, actually better not in case I choke on the plastic.

I get it -I just don't care for it! You're more likely to die in a donkey stampede than a cyclist hitting you getting of a bus at an undesignated stop.

Again. You actually DONT GET IT, whether you don't care for IT or not it irrelevent. The bus driver did care for IT as it was his job, his livelyhood. Why would he risk it for you, despite your good intentions. What if someone else on the bus was a bit annoyed that an unscheduled stop took place and decided to report the driver to his company?

• Advertisement

Really, I do -can I not be slightly frustated that I got the wrong driver on the wrong day who wouldn't let me off?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Really, I do -can I not be slightly frustated that I got the wrong driver on the wrong day who wouldn't let me off?
    I don't think anyone has a problem with you being frustrated, I think the problem is that you feel it's the bus driver's and Bus Eireann's fault for not stopping and that you're entitled to such a stop. Making an unscheduled stop to let a passenger off is a judgement call, one which requires the driver to be confident there's not going to be any comeback for him. That comeback could be from you having an accident of any sort, another passenger complaining, another motorist complaining or being observed by the Gardai breaching the operators license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I assure you, I wouldn't be making a deal out of it if I was hit. I accept it would be my own fault.

Do you really think that? Once you get the sniff of €€€ i bet your admission to guilt would change.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

How do ya'll have the energy to argue about a bus stopping or not even legally? Seriously. I even hate myself now for posting this response.

swe_fi wrote: »
    How do ya'll have the energy to argue about a bus stopping or not even legally? Seriously. I even hate myself now for posting this response.

Its a forum-now ye're talking etc.....
    If you have a look around you'll find far more obtuse/daft topics than this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement