Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neoprene

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi, i want to buy some neoprene sheet rubber for acoustic insulation and i can get a great discount if i buy a larger amount. Neoprene rubber is used in a lot of high end acoustic treatments and soundproofing, anybody in the process of building or upgrading a studio will probably have come accross this, if not do some research. Anyway i've done a lot of searching for suppliers and i can get it for 60euros per meter if i buy 10 metres, i reckon 5 is prob enough for me so looking for 1 or more people who want to come in on this? It's a bit of a long shot but get back to me if your interested?
    Thanks
    Justin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

boo3000 wrote: »
    Neoprene rubber is used in a lot of high end acoustic treatments and soundproofing

Oh yea ? Tell us more Justin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Al Cowan

Hi Justin,
    Are you constructing some sort of resilient channel sound barrier? cos if so there are way cheaper materials than neoprene that can be used and are just as effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

I'll be using it for a studio window build, as isolators for monitors and instrument amps and im thinking i should be able to construct some form of drum riser from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Al Cowan

neoprene wont do anything for your drum riser. Unless you cover the entire floor area of your live room in it its not going to stop any airborne vibration. 2 layers of Treadaire boardwalk (its sold as an underlay for laminate flooring) will create the same amount of acoustic dampening as 10 mm neoprene and costs one tenth of the price.It's available from Noyeks flooring centres and believe me.. it does work, one layer achieves a sound reduction of about 20db two should give some where between 25 and 30 db provided you dont put any nails or screws through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

Hi Al, thats very helpful much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement