Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero on Meteor, or iPhone on O2/Vodafone?

• 22-03-2010 11:43pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I am due a phone upgrade.

I am currently on a bill of €50 a month with Metoer (300 mins, free texts to all meteor), with a €5 add on for 250mb internetting.

I want a 'smart' phone. Ideally an iPhone, but I'd consider the HTC Hero (I have enough techy friends to do all the smart things outlined in this thread about Hero by Mr E).

So, here are my options:
    • Meteor, Hero - €80 in shop, same bill plan as above.
    • Vodafone, iPhone - Free for phone, €60 for 300 minutes and texts.
    • O2, iPhone - iPhone - €129 for phone, 350 mins & 150 texts + free add on of free texts to any network.
    Now, the O2 one suited me down to the ground (free texts!), but after being rejected by their automatic system and then going through some serious retardation in customer service I'm extremely hestiatant to even try going back to them (went through Carphonewarehouse first, so think would be better directly through O2 shop?).

Should I wait until April for the Hero? Is it as good as the iPhone? I really just want a phone that's intuitive and can do internetting.

Then on top of what-phone-do-I-get, does anyone have any idea how to ensure no-rejection when applying for a bill phone on a different network? There is no logical reason for me not to be eligible - I can only think I'm not providing them with enough info, but I'm not sure what I'm missing?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The HD2 is more like an Iphone than the hero in my opinion. Available on O2 Billpay.

Advertisement