Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alicante C&C

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I only had my compact with me on this trip. Interested to see what you think:

Fisherman:

4444259766_583cb28391.jpg

Bird:

4443459985_2bb26887a2.jpg

Cheers,

HS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Fisherman is pretty cool, would prefer if he was casting the rod rather than just showing his rear :D

the bird is a little lost in among the lines, you might have gotten closer in, even the 3 x optical p&s you had should be enough to get closer than this no?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Fisherman is pretty cool, would prefer if he was casting the rod rather than just showing his rear :D

the bird is a little lost in among the lines, you might have gotten closer in, even the 3 x optical p&s you had should be enough to get closer than this no?

Did not really plan the second shot, just looked interesting after on the computer. And the other shots of the fisherman has a stupid bucket, and I have not yet perfected my photoshop cloning skills :)

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

Compositionally both images don't really do it for me. If the second one was shot at a different angle - not so parallel to the road marking - it could have more impact. I'd also prefer to see the fisherman in a more interesting pose rather than his back side in my face!

I think both images could do with a little more punch, contrast wise. Did you do a proper black and white conversion in Photoshop or just desaturate the image? You could increase the blacks a little or perhaps use the Curves tool to increase contrast.

Advertisement